Aude Hols 2017

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
Charles Nicol

Aude Hols 2017

Post by Charles Nicol »

https://www.flickr.com/groups/4113189@N21/pool/

here are the pics !!!

4 days left

8) 8)

Diary entries for 2017 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
David M

Re: Aude Hols 2017

Post by David M »

Just 4 days left, Charles!! Is it a truncated pilgrimage this year?

I had to scroll down quite a bit, but I was sure you wouldn't disappoint on the gastronomie front! Meals out in France are always a delight.

I have yet to see Two Tailed Pasha so I am most envious at your seemingly regular audiences with this leviathan of the European butterfly range.

Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Diary entries for 2017 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Charles Nicol

Post by Charles Nicol »

David M wrote:Just 4 days left, Charles!! Is it a truncated pilgrimage this year?

I had to scroll down quite a bit, but I was sure you wouldn't disappoint on the gastronomie front! Meals out in France are always a delight.

I have yet to see Two Tailed Pasha so I am most envious at your seemingly regular audiences with this leviathan of the European butterfly range.

Enjoy the rest of your trip.
Glad you like the pics ! i have just put up some more from this morning's outing. i had a delicious Prince Noir sandwich in the Cité just now... foie gras & figs....

http://www.foodreporter.fr/plat/sandwic ... oir/343653

washed down with a glass or three of cold vin blanc :D

you can't move for Pashas down here :lol:

i am sure there will be more photos of C jasius to come :wink:

Charles

Local news: an anti-bullfighter was attacked by a bull at the corrida :roll:

Chris Jackson

Post by Chris Jackson »

Good shot of the mating Silver-washed Frits, Charles, I havn't witnessed that myself yet.
Have a glass of chilled white wine on me :D
avec modération, ou non
Chris

David M

Post by David M »

Charles Nicol wrote:

you can't move for Pashas down here :lol:

i am sure there will be more photos of C jasius to come
Not what I needed to hear!! :mrgreen:

Charles Nicol

Post by Charles Nicol »

Chris Jackson wrote:Good shot of the mating Silver-washed Frits, Charles, I havn't witnessed that myself yet.
Have a glass of chilled white wine on me :D
avec modération, ou non
Chris
once you find a mating pair they are very easy to photograph.... they are oblivious to everything else :o

i have just put some more pics up, including a lovely Swallowtail :D

https://www.flickr.com/groups/4113189@N21/pool/

i have some chilled cider in the fridge for later.... will raise a glass or four to you & all at UKB 8)

David M

Post by David M »

Must say there look to be some good deals on the food front round those parts, Charles.

Well done with the Pashas. One day I'll get to see them!

Charles Nicol

Post by Charles Nicol »

David M wrote:Must say there look to be some good deals on the food front round those parts, Charles.

Well done with the Pashas. One day I'll get to see them!
i am reliably informed that the Truckstop at Rouffiac offers tremendous value at lunchtime; the 14 euro menu includes a whole bottle of local wine !

https://www.tripadvisor.co.nz/ShowUserR ... tanie.html

David M

Post by David M »

Charles Nicol wrote:i am reliably informed that the Truckstop at Rouffiac offers tremendous value at lunchtime; the 14 euro menu includes a whole bottle of local wine
Only in France could a truckstop serve cheap wine! :(

Return to “Personal Diaries”