Mountain Ringlet - Favourite Photo of 2011

Vince Massimo
Administrator & Stock Contributor
Administrator & Stock Contributor

Mountain Ringlet - Favourite Photo of 2011

Post by Vince Massimo »

This is a thread in which to post your favourite photo(s) of a particular species taken in 2011...................or the last time you saw one!

This is part of a series which will hopefully grow throughout the winter until all 58 British species have been covered. Three new threads will be introduced per week. Our overseas friends are welcome to fill in the obvious gaps relating to our rare migrants, but please try to observe the alphabetical listing :)

Details of places, dates, times and circumstances would be appreciated and please feel free to contribute observations of behaviour, personal encounters, anecdotes and other interesting points.

Vince
Padfield
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Mountain Ringlet - Favourite Photo of 2011

Post by Padfield »

I found this individual motionless and presumed dead in an unattended spider's web. But on being released it sprang back to life and sat gratefully on my finger awhile before setting off over the hillside:

This was in the Pyrenees, not the UK, in July this year. They're my favourite pictures not because of their quality but because of the pleasure I got from freeing a captive.

Guy
Guy's Butterflies: https://www.guypadfield.com
The Butterflies of Villars-Gryon : https://www.guypadfield.com/villarsgryonbook.html
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

well done guy. it would have had me in one hell of a dilemma, do i rescue the butterfly or video the spider wrapping it up. i did rescue a chalkhill blue on the UKB meet at Denbies from a wasp spiders web, not only did i feel guilty that i put the butterfly up but it already had 3 others in the web already. Anyway i digress......this is yet another :roll: butterfly on my yet to see list
Reverdin

Post by Reverdin »

Had a lovely day on the fells with Roger H. June 24th, this being my favourite of the day. Didn't see much until we reached a slope where they seemingly had all blown to. :D This one was sheltering from the inevitable breeze in the lee of the hill, I liked it because it was more fresh than those I am used to photographing. The background is pants, but somehow with this species, it nearly always is :roll: :D
male mnemon 24.06.11
male mnemon 24.06.11
same male
same male
:D

Return to “Mountain Ringlet”