Butterfly Seeking

Discussion forum for butterfly photography. You can also get your photos reviewed here!
QuinceTree

Butterfly Seeking

Post by QuinceTree »

The children and teachers at Quince Tree Day Nursery in South Ockendon,Essex have been butterfly seeking and wanted to share this photo of a beautiful Large White Butterfly that they took in their nursery garden.

Quince Tree Day Nursery
Attachments
Large White Butterfly taken by Quince Tree Day Nursery
Large White Butterfly taken by Quince Tree Day Nursery
David M

Re: Butterfly Seeking

Post by David M »

Nice treat for the kids! This is a good time of year for seeing butterflies as there are plenty around.
QuinceTree

Post by QuinceTree »

:D
David M wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:57 pm Nice treat for the kids! This is a good time of year for seeing butterflies as there are plenty around.
Mark Tutton

Post by Mark Tutton »

Hi Quince Tree Children and Teachers,
That is one of the nicest posts I have read in a long time! My lifelong interest in wildlife started at a young age and was fostered and encouraged by a teacher at my junior school. We need to get children engaged and interested in the natural world if we are to have any hope of conserving what we all love. This is a great way to start as too many people will just think “it’s just a cabbage white butterfly” and pass on by - well done teachers for taking the time to point out this beauty
Good luck with more butterfly seeking and please post some more photos of the butterflies you find, you have made me smile.

Kind Regards
Mark
The wonder of the world, the beauty and the power, the shapes of things, their colours lights and shades, these I saw. Look ye also while life lasts.
Padfield
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Padfield »

Many of us oldies on this site began butterfly-watching when we were children. It is so, so important that fresh youngsters get the bug, so we can be replaced. I am often struck how in a world so notionally committed to green causes, hardly anyone can actually tell a large white from a small white or an oak from an elm. Keep up the good work!

Guy

EDIT - it seems Mark and I were thinking the same thing at the same time!
Guy's Butterflies: https://www.guypadfield.com
The Butterflies of Villars-Gryon : https://www.guypadfield.com/villarsgryonbook.html

Return to “Photography”