Scotch Argus - Favourite Photo of 2022

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Week 14
Sorry for the late posting again this week...the joys of a new TV; it's a SMART TV and so smart it's taken 2 hours to set up :roll: :x Anyway...

Another week passes and we get one step closer to the start of the season proper! To be honest I can’t wait this year as recently it has been very dreary and miserable for what feels like an age now!

Please could I ask that everyone waits until a topic has been opened by me for a particular species before posting photos as then it will be easier to keep track of things? Of course our overseas members are very welcome to fill in the obvious gaps relating to rare UK migrants. As in previous years details of locations, dates, times and circumstances would be welcome as would any accompanying stories and anecdotes or other observations of behaviour and interesting other points.

Have a goodun

Wurzel
Neil Freeman

Re: Scotch Argus - Favourite Photo of 2022

Post by Neil Freeman »

We visited the Arnside/Silverdale area this year for the first time since before the pandemic and Arnside Knott produced reasonable numbers of Scotch Argus, still not as many as we would have seen some years back but more than on our last visit to see them (2018).
Scotch Argus male - Arnside Knott 31.07.2022
Scotch Argus male - Arnside Knott 31.07.2022
Scotch Argus female - Arnside Knott 31.07.2022
Scotch Argus female - Arnside Knott 31.07.2022
Cheers,

Neil.
David M

Post by David M »

Wasn't sure if we'd get any aethiops this year, but those two are fine looking specimens, Neil. :mrgreen:
Neil Freeman

Post by Neil Freeman »

It's a strange thing David, there were plenty of people up there looking for them and I saw loads of photos posted on social media. There seems to be far more butterfly people out there than post on UKB.

Cheers,

Neil.
Wolfson

Post by Wolfson »

I didn’t travel north this year but caught up with Scotch Argus in Bulgaria.
Attachments
Scotch Argus, Bulgaria, 11 July
David M

Post by David M »

Neil Freeman wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:23 pmIt's a strange thing David, there were plenty of people up there looking for them and I saw loads of photos posted on social media. There seems to be far more butterfly people out there than post on UKB.
There aren't too many who travel up there on this forum, Neil. I daresay the regional BC Facebook pages get far more images posted as well as the social media sites that have considerably more active members than this one has.

Return to “Scotch Argus”