Trevor

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
trevor

Re: Trevor

Post by trevor »

HI All,

Three images from my garden this afternoon. The Camelia usually flowers late February/early March
and the snowdrops are all February flowering varieties.

TREVOR.
Attachments
DSCN8188.JPG
RSCN8191.JPG
RSCN8192.JPG

Diary entries for 2015 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
trevor

Post by trevor »

HI Everyone,

Some news for all 'Birders' out there. A friend who keeps horses, on the outskirts of Hailsham had a good view
of a Snowy Owl whilst out tending to the animals.It was also seen by his Daughter, and later in the day by
someone else.
Whether or not this was a natural visitor or an escapee from captivity I don't know. As the location of the sighting
is only about a mile from my home I will keep my eyes open.
If anyone wishes to risk a trip to see it , find 'Saltmarsh Lane on your map.Date of sighting 21.1.15

All the best
TREVOR.

Diary entries for 2015 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
trevor

Post by trevor »

HI Everyone,

A poor image, i admit , but there is a really large Halo around the Moon this evening.
Attachments
P1100027.JPG

trevor

Post by trevor »

HI All,

I have just discovered a mislaid memory card from 2012.
On it are some images of the Brown Hairstreak, one notable feature of that day was the number of near
pristine specimens to be seen. They are all Girls, the males at this site are very elusive.

Best wishes,
TREVOR
Attachments
RSCN8216.JPG
RSCN8211.JPG
RSCN8213.JPG
RSCN8214.JPG
RSCN8212.JPG
RSCN8210.JPG

David M

Post by David M »

Those specimens are positively gleaming, Trevor. You must have got your timing bang on!

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

That was one hell of a find Tevor - absolutely cracking shots :D :mrgreen:

Have a goodun

Wurzel

trevor

Post by trevor »

Thanks David, for 'timing' read luck, one of those days when everything was perfect.
HI Wurzel, yes, a 'cracking ' little Butterfly.

Looking through that 'lost' memory card from 2012, I have selected some more images from that year.
Firstly the Blues.....
Attachments
RSCN8222.JPG
RSCN8224.JPG
RSCN2254 copy.jpg
RSCN8219.JPG
RSCN8220.JPG
RSCN2253 copy.jpg

trevor

Post by trevor »

And now some of the other images from that 'lost' 2012 card.......
Attachments
Brown Argus, Aug. 2012
Brown Argus, Aug. 2012
Docile Wall Brown, Aug. 2012
Docile Wall Brown, Aug. 2012
Small Copper, Aug. 2012
Small Copper, Aug. 2012
My first ever Silver Spotted Skipper
My first ever Silver Spotted Skipper
Gatekeeper, July 2012
Gatekeeper, July 2012

dave brown

Post by dave brown »

Hi Trevor,
I take it no more sightings of the Snowy Owl. Wild birds are not out of the question, especially with the very cold northern/ north east winds of late.

Dave

trevor

Post by trevor »

HI Everyone,

That 2012 memory card again !!.

This time the Dark Green Fritillary. Although 2014 proved to be a poor year for this species at my usual site,
2012/3 were very good years,

TREVOR.
Attachments
RSCN8228.JPG
RSCN8230.JPG
RSCN8229.JPG
RSCN8227.JPG
RSCN8231.JPG
RSCN8232.JPG

Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Great shots Trevor, it makes us want to rush into Summer Goldie :D

Pete Eeles
Administrator & Stock Contributor

Post by Pete Eeles »

trevor wrote:This time the Dark Green Fritillary.
Your first DGF is an ab. - with reduced markings!

Cheers,

- Pete

Life Cycles of British & Irish Butterflies: http://www.butterflylifecycles.com
British & Irish Butterflies Rarities: http://www.butterflyrarities.com
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

More great shots Trevor :D The female DGFs are great - you can really tell the difference between them and the really ginger males, nice ab too :D :mrgreen:

Have a goodun

Wurzel

trevor

Post by trevor »

Looking forward to meeting HIM again this season.

It will soon be time to get your cameras out of hibernation!! :D .

All the best,
TREVOR.
Attachments
RSCN6458.JPG

Vince Massimo

Post by Vince Massimo »

Some interesting shots there Trevor :D

I sent you a PM on 6th February. Can you please check your User Control Panel for new messages.

Vince

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Great shot of the Purp :mrgreen: - I'm hoping to reaquaint myself with Him this year :D

Have a goodun

Wurzel

trevor

Post by trevor »

IN PURSUIT OF PURPLE

Several years ago i was present when Neil Hulme gave an impromptu master class, to the assembled group,
on how to approach a grounded Purple Emperor.
Last year that lesson came in very handy, when on my second day at Botany Bay,i decided to arrive very early
in hope of my own personal Emperor,this hope was granted. At 8.35am a spiraling Emperor landed a few yards
away from me . remembering that lesson i waited impatiently for him to settle,once happy he was engrossed in
taking up salts i had him lined up on my camera screen, i could see lots of purple!!!.
Click,click,click until he flew off, i've done it i thought,all four wings purple!. Not to be, when i reviewed my
images the right hand forewing was brown. Looking down to where the Butterfly had been i could see that the
offending wing was resting on a stone ie. at the wrong angle!
Never mind,there's always this year.

TREVOR.
Attachments
NOTE THE OFFENDING WING.
NOTE THE OFFENDING WING.

Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

At least you got a shot of a PM that would do me Trevor, I've yet to see one :mrgreen: Goldie

trevor

Post by trevor »

HI All,
This beauty landed on my house this afternoon at 3.51pm. my first Butterfly shot of 2015 :D
Attachments
RED ADMIRAL, HAILSHAM 17.2.15  3.51PM.
RED ADMIRAL, HAILSHAM 17.2.15 3.51PM.

David M

Post by David M »

Well done, Trevor. Looks like winter has been fairly kind to this species.

Return to “Personal Diaries”