Mark Colvin

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
Mark Colvin

Re: Mark Colvin

Post by Mark Colvin »

Dear Mike, Nick and Wurzel,

Thank you for your very kind comments :D :D :D

They are genuinely much appreciated ...
Pauline wrote:I am wondering why the EXIF data on your photos seems to have been removed as us novices can learn a lot from stuff like that?
I have deliberately not included the EXIF data as I have absolutely no interest in it myself. My passion is the wildlife, particularly entomological subjects, hence the reason I post my pictures on both UKB and my own personal blog as opposed to a dedicated photographic based website. Don't get me wrong, I like to take nice pictures but that's as far as it goes. I still continue to use my Lumix if you were wondering ...

Good hunting.

Kindest regards. Mark

Diary entries for 2013 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Pete Eeles
Administrator & Stock Contributor

Post by Pete Eeles »

Hi all - I've just grabbed the EXIF data from one of Mark's earlier posts:

ISO Speed Ratings = AUTO
Original Date/Time = today
Aperture Value (APEX) = AUTO
Exposure Time (1 / Shutter Speed) = AUTO
Shutter Speed (Exposure Time) = AUTO
Exposure Bias (EV) = AUTO
Metering Mode = AUTO
Flash = AUTO
White Balance = AUTO
Field Craft = Impeccable

Excellent pics Mark :)

Cheers,

- Pete

Diary entries for 2013 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Life Cycles of British & Irish Butterflies: http://www.butterflylifecycles.com
British & Irish Butterflies Rarities: http://www.butterflyrarities.com
Mark Colvin

Post by Mark Colvin »

Thanks, Pete.

There's obviously something very wrong with my camera settings ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

MikeOxon

Post by MikeOxon »

Mark Colvin wrote:I have deliberately not included the EXIF data as I have absolutely no interest in it myself.
As you know Mark, I came from the opposite direction, as a photo fan! Looking at your pics, I feel you have become much more expert at photography than I have at entomology :D

Mike

Pauline

Post by Pauline »

First you see it, then you don't! :lol: :lol: What happened to your last pic Mark? It appeared, then re-appeared with a different date - and now it's gone completely :o Perhaps I just imagined it :lol: :lol:

Mark Colvin

Post by Mark Colvin »

Hi Mike,

That's very kind of you, thank you, though I'm sure this is not true ...
MikeOxon wrote:As you know Mark, I came from the opposite direction, as a photo fan! Looking at your pics, I feel you have become much more expert at photography than I have at entomology
Thanks again.

Kindest regards. Mark

Mark Colvin

Post by Mark Colvin »

Hi Pauline,
Pauline wrote:First you see it, then you don't! What happened to your last pic Mark? It appeared, then re-appeared with a different date - and now it's gone completely. Perhaps I just imagined it.
No, you weren't seeing things. I did post it twice, having entered the wrong date the first time. I then decided I didn't want to post the picture.

Kind regards. Mark

Mark Colvin

Post by Mark Colvin »

West Sussex, 23 August 2013

Weather warning …

“Outbreaks of rain affecting parts of England and northeast Wales during Saturday are likely to be heavy in places, with risk of torrential downpours, lightning and local accumulations in excess of 40mm within just a few hours. The highest probability of heavy rain is considered to be towards the east and southeast of England. The public should be aware of possible localized surface water flooding where this occurs, as well as some disruption in general to summer outdoor activities”

They weren't wrong ...

Clouds continue to build locally …
UKBP1170282cloudedyellowmale230813.jpg

Mark Colvin

Post by Mark Colvin »

Long-tailed Blue

Newhaven, East Sussex

Ovum, shortly after emergence, on Lathyrus latifolius.

Some late season adults would be rather nice ...
Long-tailed Blue (ovum, shortly after emergence), Newhaven, East Sussex (20 August 2013).jpg

David M

Post by David M »

This all augurs well, Mark.

After a dismal several years, might we get all our Christmas presents at once?

Once again, the Met Office long range forecast is predicting decent to favourable conditions into the second half of September.

If it lasts till the end of that month, then we could all be witness to a once in a generation event!

Nick Broomer

Post by Nick Broomer »

Great find Mark, :D good work.

All the best, Nick.

Vince Massimo

Post by Vince Massimo »

Well done Mark, I think it's going to be one of those years :D
Could you add the image to the Species-Specific Album please.

Regards,
Vince

Mark Colvin

Post by Mark Colvin »

Thanks for your comments.

Much appreciated ...

Kindest regards. Mark

Mark Colvin

Post by Mark Colvin »

Friday, 30 August 2013

Learning curve ...

1st and 2nd instar iris larvae ...
UKBIMG_3456firstinstariris.jpg
UKBIMG_3452secondinstariris.jpg

Return to “Personal Diaries”