Nomad

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
trevor

Re: Nomad

Post by trevor »

Lovely Dukes,well found/done !

TREVOR.

Diary entries for 2015 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Cracking Dukes and Greenstreaks Nomad :mrgreen: Hopefully they'll stay looking nice until next weekend when I might be able to get out and at em :D

Have a goodun

Wurzel

Diary entries for 2015 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Lovely photos Nomad, no GS where I live unfortunately, I hope to look for the Dukes though next week Goldie :D

nomad

Post by nomad »

Many thanks for your kind comments. :D I hope you all enjoy and find this fine little species this year. They are just starting to appear at Rodborough. They appear here in three colonies throughout May.

nomad

Post by nomad »

Well what a wet and cool weekend it was. Thanks heavens for the lovely weather yesterday. I spent a nice day on the Cotswolds, here are some of my images.
471.JPG
469.JPG
452.JPG
448.JPG
260.JPG
464.JPG
439 (2).JPG
430.JPG
434.JPG

nomad

Post by nomad »

Cirencester Park in the Cotswolds is where future kings play polo. Beyond the Polo grounds are large areas of woodland where in certain clearings are some special butterflies. The Pearl-bordered Fritillary, Boloria euphrosyne used to be a common species in most British Woodlands but with a cession of coppicing this is now a rarity. Hamearis lucina was also a frequent butterfly in our woodlands where the larva fed upon Primroses . Now it is rarely found in this habitat and most colonies are to be found on limestone and chalk grassland. With the loss of its woodland habitat this little butterfly seems to have moved out onto the open grasslands. In Edwards Newman's fine book published in 1871, An Illustrated Natural History of British Butterfly, there is an gazetteer of localities provided by his correspondents for most counties of England and nearly all provide details of Woodland localities. All images are from Cirencester Park Woods yesterday.
030.JPG
374.JPG
377.JPG
383.JPG
468.JPG
463.JPG
470.JPG
054.JPG
380.JPG

MikeOxon

Post by MikeOxon »

Lovely images of PBF on the bluebells!

Mike

nomad

Post by nomad »

Thanks Mike, i am pleased that you like the quintessential bluebell images with the Pearl -bordered Frit. :D

Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Love your Photos of the PBF first time I've seen them on Blue Bells Goldie :D

David M

Post by David M »

Top quality images, Nomad.

Butterflysaurus rex

Post by Butterflysaurus rex »

VERY nice PBF's there Nomad. :D

All the best

James

nomad

Post by nomad »

Thank you :)

bugboy

Post by bugboy »

Picture perfect Pearls Nomad, very :mrgreen:

Some addictions are good for the soul!
Willrow

Post by Willrow »

Can only agree with the other posters above Nomad, lovely images and interesting commentary :wink:

Kind Regards,

Bill :D

"When in doubt - venture out"

Why not visit my website at http://www.dragonfly-days.co.uk

Return to “Personal Diaries”