Nick Broomer

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
Padfield
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Nick Broomer

Post by Padfield »

bugboy wrote:Is that unknown one a Large Wall, Lasiommata maera? Just trying to sneak in before Guy :wink:
:D It does look a little like a large wall but is in fact a female lattice brown, Kirinia roxelana. The one in the previous set was a male, with less obvious contrast. What a beautiful butterfly.

Guy

Diary entries for 2015 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Guy's Butterflies: https://www.guypadfield.com
The Butterflies of Villars-Gryon : https://www.guypadfield.com/villarsgryonbook.html
bugboy

Post by bugboy »

Padfield wrote:
bugboy wrote:Is that unknown one a Large Wall, Lasiommata maera? Just trying to sneak in before Guy :wink:
:D It does look a little like a large wall but is in fact a female lattice brown, Kirinia roxelana. The one in the previous set was a male, with less obvious contrast. What a beautiful butterfly.

Guy
Dammit! :x :lol:

Diary entries for 2015 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Some addictions are good for the soul!
David M

Post by David M »

bugboy wrote:
Padfield wrote:

Guy
Dammit! :x :lol:
You'll learn, Bugboy! Over the years I've seen enough to defer to Mr Padfield on every occasion except when I am 100% certain! :)

Nick Broomer

Post by Nick Broomer »

Hi Guy,

thank you for the ID, really appreciated. The Lattice Brown is not an easy butterfly to photograph, especially as i didn't even know what species of butterfly i was seeing. But i managed to work it out on how to go about getting a photo and, got lucky with a photo of each sex.

Thanks Buggy for your kind comment on my photos. Appreciated as always.

All the best, Nick.

Neil Freeman

Post by Neil Freeman »

Hi Nick,

I don't often comment on non UK posts, mainly because I don't really know that much about the different species, but I do know great photos when I see them and there are some lovely ones in your recent reports from Turkey.

Cheers,

Neil.

Willrow

Post by Willrow »

Can only agree with Neil's comments Nick - well done :wink:

Regards,

Bill :D

"When in doubt - venture out"

Why not visit my website at http://www.dragonfly-days.co.uk
Nick Broomer

Post by Nick Broomer »

Hi Neil and Willrow,

thank you both for your very kind comments. Appreciated as always. :D

All the best, Nick.

Nick Broomer

Post by Nick Broomer »

IMG_1293-1.jpg
Painted Lady
IMG_1083.JPG
Painted Lady
IMG_1384-1.jpg
Common Blue

Return to “Personal Diaries”