May 2023

Discussion forum for sightings.
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Re: May 2023

Post by Wurzel »

Cheers Pauline :D I took about 3000 photos of Walls that day and got maybe 3 good ones :roll: :lol:

29th May Philzoid and I took a trip to Priddy Mineries for Small Pearls. Might have missed out on them by a day but did find a Greenstreak, Small Copper, Common Blue an a few Dingies despite the 'moderate/gale force breeze! :roll:
DSC_0460 - Copy.JPG
On the way home called in at Whitesheet Hill- Walls, Marshies, Adonis, Small Copper, Greenstreak, Brown Argus, Small Blues were some of the highlights amid plenty of Glannies.
DSC_0846 - Copy.JPG
Have a goodun

Wurzel
David M

Post by David M »

Saturday 14th, Ewyas Harold Common, Herefordshire:

Pearl Bordered Fritillary 25-25
Small White 1
Peacock 1
Orange Tip 1
14b.PBFfemups(1).jpg
14S.PBFuns(1).jpg
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Compton Down 27th May and saw at least 6 Glannies as well as three different Marshies along with more Adonis than I've ever seen before!
DSC_0667 - Copy.JPG
Have a goodun

Wurzel
Last edited by Wurzel on Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David M

Post by David M »

Otep wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:36 pm Absolutely nothing to report from South Derbyshire today or yesterday. Cold, quite breezy, a heavy blanket of cloud and occasional fine rain. I am sitting in the house with a hoodie on. The BBC forecast that there would be sunshine from 3pm onwards for yesterday and today but there was absolutely no sign of that at all. I would rather the BBC forecast had written 'Haven't got a clue today folks' rather than forecast incorrectly. :x
Surprised to hear that, Otep. When I was in Morocco just over a week ago, many places in the southern third of the UK were warmer than Ouirgane (where I was staying).
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

After Compton called in at Fovant Badges. I was stunned by the number of Dukes about and when I followed the diagonal track up the Down I lost count! Also present a few Dingies and a couple of Walls
DSC_0124 - Copy.JPG
Have a goodun

Wurzel
David M

Post by David M »

millerd wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:13 pmAfter seeing my first Large Skipper of the year yesterday down in Wiltshire, one pops up on my local patch today...
Thanks for the heads-up, Dave. Will be looking out for them round my way from tomorrow.
millerd

Post by millerd »

David M wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:35 pm
millerd wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:13 pmAfter seeing my first Large Skipper of the year yesterday down in Wiltshire, one pops up on my local patch today...
Thanks for the heads-up, Dave. Will be looking out for them round my way from tomorrow.
And another today (1st June) at Denbies, a female this time. Keep your eyes peeled, David!
Wurzel wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:38 pm After Compton called in at Fovant Badges. I was stunned by the number of Dukes about and when I followed the diagonal track up the Down I lost count! Also present a few Dingies and a couple of Walls
I really do need to visit that bit of Wiltshire too, Wurzel - an amazing selection and numbers as well by the sound of it!

Cheers,

Dave

Return to “Sightings”