Stock Photos - Contributing
This page contains information for photographers wishing to contribute their photos to the UK Butterflies stock photo library.
The UK Butterflies stock library operates according to the following policies:
- The copyright of all photos will remain with the photographer at all times.
- UK Butterflies will request that an appropriate copyright statement is included with any use of the image. However, this cannot be guaranteed, depending on the publication in question.
- All photos will be made available to any registered charity, educational establishment and other non-profit organisation free-of-charge. Examples include Butterfly Conservation (and its branches), the Wildlife Trusts and English Nature.
- All profits made through the UK Butterflies stock photo library will be donated to Butterfly Conservation at the end of each year. By "profits" we mean total sales made through the stock library, excluding the running costs of the UK Butterflies website (such as web hosting and data transfer costs).
If you'd like to contribute your photos to the UK Butterflies Stock Photo Library then please take note of the following:
- Representative images must be placed in the Species-Specific Albums since the stock library mechanism uses these images (and associated thumbnails).
- If you want your photos to be distributed without your intervention, then please contact Pete Eeles for details.
- If you want interested parties to be redirected to you for high-resolution images, then please email Pete Eeles giving your contact details.