As the website has grown over the years, it's become increasingly difficult to keep the website focused on its core mission - "Building a community of responsible butterfly enthusiasts". In order to alleviate the pressure of keeping things on track, the rules below (which align with the mission statement) should be observed at all times.
Rules for Members
- You agree, through your use of the forums, that you will not choose a username, avatar or signature, or post any material (or links to any material), which is ... defamatory, libelous, rude, racist, disrespectful, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, threatening, obscene, profane, pornographic, racially or ethnically offensive, invasive of a person's privacy, or in violation of any law.
- You will not register on the forums with multiple identities.
- You agree to only post images where you hold the copyright (or where you have permission from the copyright owner).
- Advertising any product and/or service on the forums, in any area other than a provided "Wants and Exchange" section, is strictly prohibited.
- Though we encourage members to engage in healthy debate, personal attacks on members is not condoned. Ideas can be attacked, but individuals cannot.
- Goodbye posts (posts that seek attention when you are abandoning the forums) are forbidden.
- You will, if asked by a moderator, cease posting any content. NOTE: If you really need help in deciding if your intended post is acceptable, contact a moderator before posting for review.
- You will not knowingly reveal information that is to the detriment of our butterfly fauna (and fauna and flora in general). Examples include the release of information pertaining to a sensitive species or sensitive site. Remember that anyone, including collectors, can read the forums.
- If you do not agree to be bound by these conditions of use then you should not post to the UK Butterflies forums.
- If violations to these rules are severe, or they continue after warnings, your access to the forums may be suspended for any length of time, up to and including a permanent ban.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE RULES THEN DO NOT DISCUSS IT IN THE FORUMS. CONTACT A MODERATOR AND PRESENT YOUR REASONING TO THEM.
Rules for Moderators
- Moderators will abide by the same rules as other members.
- Moderators will only censor posts that break the rules outlined here.
- Moderators will not make public any information on suspensions, bans or punishments.
- Moderators will act with fairness and integrity at all times.
- If a moderator censors a post in any way then the relevant member will be informed, and a reason for the censoring provided.
- Should any dispute arise between a member and a moderator, then the moderator will obtain a second opinion from another moderator before taking further action.
- The website owner's decision is final.