Aude Hols 2016

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
User avatar
Charles Nicol
Posts: 1222
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 12:57 pm
Location: Cambridge

Aude Hols 2016

Postby Charles Nicol » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:41 pm

Bonjour les gars. this is your Brexit buster Charles speaking !!

It is very warm here in Carcassonne. Plenty of butterflies.... the Two tailed Pashas are out earlier than last year...


https://www.flickr.com/groups/2938567@N24/

Chris Jackson
Posts: 1558
Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 6:35 am
Location: Marseilles, France
Contact:

Re: Aude Hols 2016

Postby Chris Jackson » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:56 pm

Hello Charles,
Bonjour mon ami.
I'm not used to Flickr. I don't seem to be able to view any photos. Does one have to subscribe ?
It is probably hotter here in Marseilles than in Carcassonne, with températures up to 34°C +. The only BFs flying here are hot scrub BFs: Tree Grayling and Striped Grayling.
Chris
https://sites.google.com/site/mespapill ... baume/home
Note: My photos are not covered by copyright. Please feel free to copy for charitable use.

User avatar
Charles Nicol
Posts: 1222
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 12:57 pm
Location: Cambridge

Re: Aude Hols 2016

Postby Charles Nicol » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:32 pm

hi Chris... i need to make the photos public... should be ready in 5 minutes :oops:

User avatar
Charles Nicol
Posts: 1222
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 12:57 pm
Location: Cambridge

Re: Aude Hols 2016

Postby Charles Nicol » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:56 pm

OK the photos should be accessible now...

it is about 36° here in Carcassonne today

8)

User avatar
Charles Nicol
Posts: 1222
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 12:57 pm
Location: Cambridge

Re: Aude Hols 2016

Postby Charles Nicol » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:41 pm

plenty of Papillons around. No Emperors yet...

User avatar
Charles Nicol
Posts: 1222
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 12:57 pm
Location: Cambridge

Re: Aude Hols 2016

Postby Charles Nicol » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:27 pm

if you are looking for a pleasant family apartment in the Aude with excellent butterfly walks on your doorstep then this might be of interest:

http://www.gite-camerone.com/

Monsieur Vienot is a splendid chap and has done a wonderful job upgrading the Gite in the middle of Pomas. He says that a week for a family will be in the region of 550 euros.

there is a swimming pool and secure parking.

User avatar
Charles Nicol
Posts: 1222
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 12:57 pm
Location: Cambridge

Re: Aude Hols 2016

Postby Charles Nicol » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:41 pm

there are now 87 pics to enjoy:

https://www.flickr.com/groups/2938567@N24/

Chris Jackson
Posts: 1558
Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 6:35 am
Location: Marseilles, France
Contact:

Re: Aude Hols 2016

Postby Chris Jackson » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:51 pm

An interesting selection of insolite photos, Charles.
The steak and frites is most tempting.
Chris
https://sites.google.com/site/mespapill ... baume/home
Note: My photos are not covered by copyright. Please feel free to copy for charitable use.

User avatar
Charles Nicol
Posts: 1222
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 12:57 pm
Location: Cambridge

Re: Aude Hols 2016

Postby Charles Nicol » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:36 pm

Chris Jackson wrote:An interesting selection of insolite photos, Charles.
The steak and frites is most tempting.
Chris


Merci Christophe 8)

i hope you are well in Marseille. the cockles with curry sauce were very tasty :wink:

PS have you tried the new 51 Pastis with fruit flavors ?

User avatar
Charles Nicol
Posts: 1222
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 12:57 pm
Location: Cambridge

Re: Aude Hols 2016

Postby Charles Nicol » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:30 pm

https://www.flickr.com/groups/2938567@N24/

nearly 200 pics for you to enjoy 8)

Chris Jackson
Posts: 1558
Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 6:35 am
Location: Marseilles, France
Contact:

Re: Aude Hols 2016

Postby Chris Jackson » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:16 pm

Thank you for your latest mozaic of photos, Charles.
I have never seen 3 Long-tailed Blues together, calm, at the same time, perhaps it is because they are puddling.
In dry conditions, they just battle all the time.
Those squid and chips have got my taste buds going.
Keep up the good work.
Chris
https://sites.google.com/site/mespapill ... baume/home
Note: My photos are not covered by copyright. Please feel free to copy for charitable use.

User avatar
Charles Nicol
Posts: 1222
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 12:57 pm
Location: Cambridge

Re: Aude Hols 2016

Postby Charles Nicol » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:32 pm

Chris Jackson wrote:Thank you for your latest mozaic of photos, Charles.
I have never seen 3 Long-tailed Blues together, calm, at the same time, perhaps it is because they are puddling.
In dry conditions, they just battle all the time.
Those squid and chips have got my taste buds going.
Keep up the good work.
Chris


the blues were congregating on some river algae... plenty of water nearby; you can see some more here:

https://www.flickr.com/groups/2938567@N24/

264 pics so far 8)

User avatar
David M
Posts: 7808
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:17 pm
Location: South Wales

Re: Aude Hols 2016

Postby David M » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:10 pm

Don't know which I prefer, Charles - the butterfly or the gourmet meal images! :)

User avatar
Charles Nicol
Posts: 1222
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 12:57 pm
Location: Cambridge

Re: Aude Hols 2016

Postby Charles Nicol » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:19 pm

David M wrote:Don't know which I prefer, Charles - the butterfly or the gourmet meal images! :)


328 pics in the group now 8)

still no confirmed Emperor sightings... a few possibles

also no hairstreaks this year...

or Queen of Spain... yesterday i went to the location where i saw last year's single QoS... no dice :?

just over 2 weeks to go, so will keep mes yeux épluchés

Chris Jackson
Posts: 1558
Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 6:35 am
Location: Marseilles, France
Contact:

Re: Aude Hols 2016

Postby Chris Jackson » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:15 pm

A great panaché -mixture- of butterflying and gastronomic images, Charles, by following your link:
https://www.flickr.com/groups/2938567@N24/
I have totted up your butterfly sightings and if I'm not mistaken, you have 25 rhopalocera and 2 heterocera:
Rhopalocera: atalanta, didyma, reducta, semele, jasius, phlaeas, fagi, phoebe, cinxia, megera, crocea, machaon, pamphilus, athalia, icarus, boeticus, argiolus, pirithous, circe, fidia, acteon, paphia, marshalli, podalirius, aegeria
Heterocera : Humming-bird Hawkmoth + another
Mouthwatering gastronomic présentations. Allez la cuisine française :D .
Good work, Charles
Chris
https://sites.google.com/site/mespapill ... baume/home
Note: My photos are not covered by copyright. Please feel free to copy for charitable use.

User avatar
Charles Nicol
Posts: 1222
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 12:57 pm
Location: Cambridge

Re: Aude Hols 2016

Postby Charles Nicol » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:06 pm

Chris Jackson wrote:A great panaché -mixture- of butterflying and gastronomic images, Charles, by following your link:
https://www.flickr.com/groups/2938567@N24/
I have totted up your butterfly sightings and if I'm not mistaken, you have 25 rhopalocera and 2 heterocera:
Rhopalocera: atalanta, didyma, reducta, semele, jasius, phlaeas, fagi, phoebe, cinxia, megera, crocea, machaon, pamphilus, athalia, icarus, boeticus, argiolus, pirithous, circe, fidia, acteon, paphia, marshalli, podalirius, aegeria
Heterocera : Humming-bird Hawkmoth + another
Mouthwatering gastronomic présentations. Allez la cuisine française :D .
Good work, Charles
Chris


Merci beaucoup for your comprehensive analyse of my flickr pics Chris !

i was wondering if this was maybe a Queen of Spain ?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/captainca ... 959992712/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/captainca ... 065398145/

:?

it is rather cloudy today so am not expecting many papillons :shock:

All the best

Charles

8)

Chris Jackson
Posts: 1558
Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 6:35 am
Location: Marseilles, France
Contact:

Re: Aude Hols 2016

Postby Chris Jackson » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:59 pm

Charles Nicol wrote:i was wondering if this was maybe a Queen of Spain ?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/captainca ... 959992712/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/captainca ... 065398145/
:?



Hello Charles,
For your 'Queen of Spain', pending a more authoritive opinion, I would put my money on Weaver's Fritillary female. :D
Mais qu'est-ce que j'en sais moi, mon pôte?
Chris
https://sites.google.com/site/mespapill ... baume/home
Note: My photos are not covered by copyright. Please feel free to copy for charitable use.

User avatar
David M
Posts: 7808
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:17 pm
Location: South Wales

Re: Aude Hols 2016

Postby David M » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:11 pm

Chris Jackson wrote:
Charles Nicol wrote:i was wondering if this was maybe a Queen of Spain ?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/captainca ... 959992712/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/captainca ... 065398145/
:?



Hello Charles,
For your 'Queen of Spain', pending a more authoritive opinion, I would put my money on Weaver's Fritillary female. :D
Mais qu'est-ce que j'en sais moi, mon pôte?
Chris


QOS it is not.

I agree, Chris. Weaver's.

User avatar
Charles Nicol
Posts: 1222
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 12:57 pm
Location: Cambridge

Re: Aude Hols 2016

Postby Charles Nicol » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:44 pm

David M wrote:
Chris Jackson wrote:
Charles Nicol wrote:i was wondering if this was maybe a Queen of Spain ?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/captainca ... 959992712/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/captainca ... 065398145/
:?



Hello Charles,
For your 'Queen of Spain', pending a more authoritive opinion, I would put my money on Weaver's Fritillary female. :D
Mais qu'est-ce que j'en sais moi, mon pôte?
Chris


QOS it is not.

I agree, Chris. Weaver's.


Merci Chris & David.... that is even better... a lifetime first :D :D

User avatar
Charles Nicol
Posts: 1222
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 12:57 pm
Location: Cambridge

Re: Aude Hols 2016

Postby Charles Nicol » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:24 pm

Aujourdhui it is cloudy & rainy... not Papillon weather.

yesterday i saw this interesting ouiseau near Verzeille... any ideés ?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/captaincatkin/28484583424

:?

8) 8)


Return to “Personal Diaries”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests