Butterflysaurus rex

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
David M

Re: Butterflysaurus rex

Postby David M » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:25 pm

Excellent efforts with the Hairstreaks, Rex. I envy you.

Butterflysaurus rex

Postby Butterflysaurus rex » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:36 pm

kevling wrote:Rex,
Playing catch up with your diary. Your 'Woodland Surprise' photos of the Purple Hairstreak are amazing. The wing open shots couldn't be much better. Had a similar encounter last week but a s stiff breeze and poor light meant a slightly blurred finish. I'll take one of yours for sure.
Also like the Painted Lady shots, very striking.

Regards Kev

Hi Kev, thank you for the kind words, like you I had to contend with poor light and a breeze but thankfully there was an occasional lull that allowed me to grab a few 'relatively' still moments. I was extremely relieved when I got home and realised that I'd taken what was for me a dream shot of a Purple Hairstreak! I think I'd really have to go some to get a better one!!
The Painted Lady session was the exact opposite, no wind bright sunshine and very active & fidgety butterflies. No holding my breath and being as stealthy as possible this time, they had me running all over the place.

David M wrote:Excellent efforts with the Hairstreaks, Rex. I envy you.

Most kind of you David, it was a special moment. Times like those are very rare and require all of your experience to make the best of them. Even then we can easily mess it up, I certainly have lots of times.

Best wishes to you both.

James

Janet Turnbull

Postby Janet Turnbull » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:51 pm

Just catching up on your diary! Wonderful Purple Hairstreak shots, I clearly have a lot to learn about taking pictures of them! :mrgreen:
Love the Forester moths. Time I made a trip to the Downs :D
Janet

Return to “Personal Diaries”