Goldie M

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
Goldie M

Re: Goldie M

Postby Goldie M » Mon May 15, 2017 9:41 am

Many thanks everyone, it was a great surprise to the Dukes so near the edge and they stayed there for ages loads of people got shots of them which was great. It was also good that at least a few Slipper Orchids were out, quite a lot still had protective jars over them, the rain in the last few days ( Sunday being the exception) has helped them but they've struggled this year. Goldie :D

Goldie M

Postby Goldie M » Fri May 19, 2017 8:37 am

After three days of catching up with house work etc, we decided with the weather being forecast as good for Thursday we'd venture out to Southport. We picked my cousin up and the three of us on arrival went to the Chippy in Banks , ( we go there some times and the lady there cooks the fish whilst you wait, she also knows we take the food to the Marine Drive in Southport and eat them at Marshside, so she wraps them up even in the cartons we receive) :lol:
After we'd eaton my Husband and I set off to look for Wall's, I'd seen them before at Marshside so I was hoping this visit would be more fruitful than our last. (my cousin's not interested in BF's I'm sorry to say so she stayed in the car) I wasn't going to miss an opportunity. :D
We walked down the path and right a way we spotted one which of course took off right a way, after this we saw about three which did the same thing ( mind you it could have been the same one) :D we were about to give up and go , feeling guilty we'd been there for about an hour when one finally settled so I could get a shot at last :D
Also there were Common Blue's, most of them a bit worn but because they were my first of the season I took shots of them :D

We then moved further down Marine drive to Birkdale Dunes, I saw a Wall right a way but it took off and we never saw it again, the CB's here were very different to the one's at Marshside, two females were lovely their colours out standing, one was resting on a seed head and I just managed a couple of shots before she shot off. Also there there were Small Heath, and one was resting on some very dry Dog Poo! :D We noticed there was very few flowers for the Butterflies the Dunes not really at their best yet.
Any way I'd enjoyed my spell there and went to the shops with my Cousin after wards on Lord ST , my Husband content to read his book in the car :lol: Goldie :D
Attachments
IMG_2889.jpg
IMG_2863.jpg
IMG_2897.jpg
fullsizeoutput_59c6.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_59c8.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_59d0.jpeg

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Postby Wurzel » Fri May 19, 2017 9:06 am

Pretty envious of you Wall Goldie, a species that I'm still trying to find this year :mrgreen: Great 'blue' female blue as well :D
I had to reread part of your PD a second time as I was rushing the first and I read the phrase "After we'd eaten my husband..." :shock: :lol:

Have a goodun

Wurzel

trevor

Postby trevor » Fri May 19, 2017 12:18 pm

Yes, I have to agree that is a lovely blue female Blue, Goldie.
As for eating your husband, I saw a sign the other day , outside a shop
claiming they were ' family butchers ', did I go in ?, no fear!.

Best wishes,
Trevor.

Goldie M

Postby Goldie M » Fri May 19, 2017 4:43 pm

Hi! Trevor and Wurzel, I never thought of that when I posted :lol: I told my Husband and he laughed saying, " you've always had a huge appetite", :lol:
Glad you both liked the Blue Lady, there's some thing about the Common Blue Female Butterfly that's most uncommon :D there I go again :lol:
I was pleased to find the Wall, last year the only photo I took of a Wall BF was one with part of it's wing missing, you'll probably find one soon Wurzel, I'm going back there when I can because I saw more than one and they looked really good , they did seem darker than usual though and smaller than I remembered, must try for the Pearl's first though.Thanks again , Goldie :D

bugboy

Postby bugboy » Fri May 19, 2017 7:24 pm

Yes, that is a very fine female Common Blue, hopefully they'll have a better year than last.

As for eating people, I think I'll stick to my sandwiches when I'm out and about!
Some addictions are good for the soul!

Goldie M

Postby Goldie M » Sat May 20, 2017 8:25 am

I think sticking to your sandwiches is wise Bugboy, you can get really bad indigestion with people :lol:
In Birkdale Dunes the CB's always do well, it's one of those places you know you'll see them for sure but it's the first time I've seen the Females look in such good condition, I must have gone just at the right time, thank you for your comment. :D Goldie :D

Return to “Personal Diaries”