Trevor

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
trevor

Trevor

Post by trevor »

A bit late for this season i know,but i thought it was high time i joined uk butterflies.my name is Trevor and i live in East
Sussex i have had the pleasure of meeting several ukbers when out and about including Neil Hulme,Katrina,Pauline and Essex Buzzard. All of you take the most fantastic images,thanks for sharing them.
When i get a little more computer savvy i will share some of my 2014 highlights.But for now i will let my Daughter post some for me.I don't have the best camera in the world preferring something i can slip in my pocket. I like to travel light. :D
Attachments
DSCN6928.JPG
DSCN6385.JPG
DSCN5959.JPG

Diary entries for 2014 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Neil Hulme

Re: Trevor

Post by Neil Hulme »

Hi Trevor,
Welcome aboard the good ship HMS UKB!
BWs, Neil

Diary entries for 2014 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Pauline

Post by Pauline »

Welcome Trevor -a nice start to your diary, hope to see more.

Nick Broomer

Post by Nick Broomer »

Hi Trevor,

Welcome to the forum.

I met you at Chiddingfold Wood this year, i photographed the Purple Emperor with you. The same one you have just posted.

All the best, Nick.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Many thanks for the lovely welcome folks,I hope my first few images are to your liking. I ought to mention where the images were taken. The Wood Whites and His Majesty were at or near the triangle at Botany Bay and the marsh Frit. at Cotley Hill,Wiltshire.
Cheers for now Trevor.

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Welcome Trevor great intro, looking forward to seeing some more of your work :D

Have a goodun

Wurzel

David M

Post by David M »

Wood White, Purple Emperor and Marsh Fritillary isn't a bad way to start!

Trev Sawyer
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Trev Sawyer »

... and it's a "welcome aboard" from me too. Glad to hear from a fellow Trevor - There aren't enough of us around at the moment :wink:

Happy butterflying,

Trev

CJB

Post by CJB »

Welcome aboard Trevor!

You have posted a species I am yet to see (Wood White), so well done there. :) :mrgreen:

I am on a quest to photograph all the UK species on my mobile and am up to 49, so a few to go yet. Once I have succeeded I will move to a decent camera!

I hope you enjoy using this site.

Flutter on!

CJB

Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Welcome from me as well Trevor, you've got two species already I've not got :mrgreen: I trailed all round Bently Wood this year and nothing, so very well done Goldie :D

Maximus

Post by Maximus »

Welcome from me too Trevor, nice start :D

Mike

trevor

Post by trevor »

Yesterday 27 Sept.I went searching for Wall Brown at a local hotspot,Frog Firle.and I struck lucky with a female.
as it was cool and cloudy she only gave me the runaround for about 10 mins.finally landing in a Rabbit scrape and settled long enough for several shots.
TREVOR
Attachments
wall brown.JPG

trevor

Post by trevor »

As promised here are a few more images from this year, some as recently as this month.
Thanks Goldie and Maximus for your warm welcome.
TREVOR.
Attachments
RSCN8003.JPG
RSCN8002.JPG
RSCN7997.JPG
RSCN7994.JPG
RSCN7990.JPG
RSCN7989.JPG
RSCN7988.JPG
RSCN7987.JPG
RSCN7986.JPG

David M

Post by David M »

That Brown Hairstreak positively glows, Trevor!

Neil Freeman

Post by Neil Freeman »

Hi Trevor,

Welcome from myself as well. A great start to your diary with a good selection of species already.

Cheers,

Neil.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Hi all, many thanks to you all for your welcome to this site,and for your kind comments.
I have had a lifelong interest in butterflies,but i expect like myself it was the digital camera that made the passion blossom in many people.This technology allows us to instantly record a butterfly, see the result straight away,and if not happy take another shot , and of course we come back year after year for that better image,eg.all four wings purple o n His Majesty then
after that an image of him not perching on something unpleasant and so on.At least this is what keeps me inspired.

Forgive me ,but i am new to posting things on computers, especially images are causing difficulties.
TREVOR

David M

Post by David M »

I'm sure you'll get the hang of things, Trevor, if you persevere.

Most of my early images on this site were truly appalling (and not much has changed since) :)

millerd

Post by millerd »

Hi, Trevor - as David says, just keep at it - you've found a good selection already and got some good photos. Your Wall Brown female is one I am very envious of...

Every season brings something new!

Cheers,

Dave

Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Hi! Trevor, you've done it again :D Another one I've not got and it looks fantastic, your "Brown Hair Streak" :mrgreen: Goldie :D

John W

Post by John W »

Hi Trevor, nice to see you on here. We last met at Steyning Rifle Range. Hopefully catch up with you next year, or at the Sussex BC AGM.

Cheers
John

Return to “Personal Diaries”