Small Copper

CJB

Small Copper

Post by CJB »

Hello UKB'ers
After a prolonged absence I am back driving my desk and as ever enjoying reading your posts.
Having seen very few of these this year I wanted to share my recent picture (on the mobile again!).
I saw a few species in Cornwall including my first Painted Lady of the year which was a welcome sight.
VERY VERY VERY :mrgreen: of the BH shots you are posting; when are they around until?
I would dearly love to see one.
Flutter on!
CJB
Attachments
Small Copper.jpg
Small Copper.jpg (28.16 KiB) Viewed 1835 times
Neil Hulme

Re: Small Copper

Post by Neil Hulme »

Hi CJB,
The Brown Hairstreak season is running late. Females won't peak until late first and second week September this year, and battered specimens will last until mid October. Plenty of time yet. Start looking in earnest from next week onwards.
Neil
CJB

Post by CJB »

Hi Neil,
Thank you for the info and hopefully I will get a picture of one this year.
I know that they can be found at Bookham, but am not sure exactly where; was it you that went there?
I managed to see my first PE there this year and my first WA last year, so it has been a very good stomping ground for me.
Flutter on!
CJB
Neil Hulme

Post by Neil Hulme »

Hi CJB,
Living in West Sussex I don't have to travel far for my Brown Hairstreaks and I've never actually been to the famous Bookham Common! Steyning Rifle Range is one of the very best sites in the UK (I've seen up to 20 females in a day here). See my next diary entry - coming soon.
BWs, Neil

Return to “Small Copper”