First Purple Emperor!!

Paul Harfield

Re: First Purple Emperor!!

Post by Paul Harfield »

Hi CJB
Well done on your first Purple Emperor :D I have not yet had the pleasure, but hopefully he may treat me with his presence this weekend If I can find the right spot :?
CJB

Post by CJB »

Thank you Jack and Wurzel!

Jack, depending on where you are in Hampshire, you should visit Bookham if it is not too far: https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q= ... n&ie=UTF-8

Wurzel, I am flattered to receive 2 x :mrgreen:, as normally with your reports I would be had up for over using them.

Flutter on!

CJB
PhilBJohnson

Post by PhilBJohnson »

Excellent picture CJB, well done.
Below is my first ever sighting and picture of a Purple Emperor, also at Bookham Common but in 2013. I saw lots of Purple Emperor in 2013 at Bookham but nearly all were high up in the tree canopies.
I didn't capture one on camera at ground level in 2013 despite approximately ten visits to Bookham at peak times following a trail of manure! :D :)
After I took this picture I decided I needed a new camera!
I wont be winning any photographic competitions with this picture but at least it shows just how hard it can be to capture these beautiful butterflies on camera.

best wishes,
Philip
Attachments
14.7.2013 Bookham Common 8am
14.7.2013 Bookham Common 8am
Last edited by PhilBJohnson on Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kind Regards,
David M

Post by David M »

You'll get lucky one day, Phil.
PhilBJohnson

Post by PhilBJohnson »

Thanks David,
The thing is, I feel very privileged to have seen that butterfly even from a distance and the memory will stay with me for a long time.
I did get a couple of slightly better pictures with my new camera (they are in my personal online photo album).
I don't want to post those pictures here on this thread,
best wishes,
Philip
Kind Regards,

Return to “Purple Emperor”