Northern Brown Argus - Favourite Photo of 2012

Vince Massimo
Administrator & Stock Contributor
Administrator & Stock Contributor

Northern Brown Argus - Favourite Photo of 2012

Post by Vince Massimo »

Here is the opportunity to post your favourite photo(s) of a particular species taken in 2012 (or the last time you saw one!).

This is part of a series of topics which will grow over 20 weeks throughout the winter until all 59 UK species have been covered. The intention is to showcase three species per week (in alphabetical order), so please wait until a topic has been opened by me for a particular species before posting photos. Our overseas friends are very welcome to fill in the obvious gaps relating to rare UK migrants.

Details of locations, dates, times and circumstances would be welcome and please feel free to contribute observations of behaviour, stories of personal encounters, anecdotes or other interesting points.

Vince
nomad

Re: Northern Brown Argus - Favourite Photo of 2012

Post by nomad »

Although I was too early for High Brown Frits at Yewbarrow, I did have the added bonus of finding fresh Northern Brown Argus. My favourite image, is a male? resting on bracken. This is a fine hill, with lovely butterfies and there are great views across to the higher Whitbarrow.

A happy New Year to everyone. Peter.

Northern Brown Argus at Yewbarrow,  Cumbria.  30 June 2012
Northern Brown Argus at Yewbarrow, Cumbria. 30 June 2012
badgerbob

Post by badgerbob »

I only had a very quick view of a late, tatty Northern Brown Argus this year during my Scotch Argus trip to Arnside so the enclosed shot is from 2011 on 4th July, my first sighting of this species. Although still slightly late for them where things were early last year there were still a few decent specimens flying. Once again Arnside was where this one was found.
Attachments
DSC_0553 (800x532).jpg
Reverdin

Post by Reverdin »

Not so much favourite, but only.... from Wensleydale...8th June.
IMG_4769_edited-1.jpg
IMG_4752_edited-1.jpg
IAC

Post by IAC »

Not to bad a season for Northern Brown Argus on my patch despite the weather. They got of to a reasonable start in Berwickshire on the Burnmouth sea cliffs from the 28th of May, and I managed to find a good few on the outcrops and banks at St Abbs Head late July. The 2 photos here are from Burnmouth in Berwickshire in late May 2012.
Attachments
First few photos of the species in 2012 at Burnmouth, Berwickshire.
First few photos of the species in 2012 at Burnmouth, Berwickshire.
The Red Valerian is a popular NBA tipple on the Burnmouth sea braes.
The Red Valerian is a popular NBA tipple on the Burnmouth sea braes.

Return to “Northern Brown Argus”