Lulworth Skipper - Favourite Photo of 2015

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Week 10

So continues sequence of posts giving one and all the opportunity to showcase their favourite shots of 2015!

Please could I ask that everyone waits until a topic has been opened by me for a particular species before posting photos? Of course our overseas members are very welcome to fill in the obvious gaps relating to rare UK migrants. As like last year details of locations, dates, times and circumstances would be welcome as would any accompanying stories and anecdotes or other observations of behaviour and interesting other points.

Have a goodun

Wurzel
David M

Re: Lulworth Skipper - Favourite Photo of 2015

Post by David M »

I missed out on Lulworths in the UK this year, although I saw a dozen or so in the Alps during late June/early July.

I'll have to look forward to images taken by others! :(
Chris Jackson

Post by Chris Jackson »

Not many photos taken of this species in 2015.
This pic is from the 10th of May in my local "Parc des Bruyères" on the south-east side of Marseilles.
acteon9_13 P Bruyères 10 May 2015 (5).JPG
Chris
Neil Freeman

Post by Neil Freeman »

I just managed to catch the tail end of the Lulworth Skipper flight period this year with a few faded females at Durlston Country Park on 1st September and a single female on the slopes above Durdle Door a few days later. I have seen these at Durlston in early September a few times in previous years but this year there was a weekend of heavy rain at the beginning of our week down there which I suspect just about finished most of them off this year.
I only took a few photos of which the one below of the female at Durdle Door was about the best.
Lulworth Skipper - Durdle Door 04.09.2015
Lulworth Skipper - Durdle Door 04.09.2015
Cheers,

Neil
millerd

Post by millerd »

I also managed one side trip to see Lulworths, at Durlston Country Park at the end of a lovely sunny day (31st July) spent with my youngest son at Studland. Well worth the effort as there were plenty around.
the glorious view eastwards
the glorious view eastwards
female above, male below
female above, male below
female
female
Dave
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Lulworth Skipper

This seemed to come later in the year than expected as I didn’t take my usual camping holiday due to the Czech getaway. However when I did go for a Lulworth I visited Durlston instead and it was a fabulous day out by the seaside with my girls. Sometimes it’s tricky to identify a Lulworth as they can wear quite quickly and their flight times and habitats overlap with the two other golden Skippers. This one however was the easiest I’ve ever had to identify – check out those crescent moons! For this reason it has to be my favourite.
Lul (317).JPG
Have a goodun

Wurzel

Return to “Lulworth Skipper”