T2 mount for Lumix FZ200

Discussion forum for butterfly photography. You can also get your photos reviewed here!
peterc

T2 mount for Lumix FZ200

Post by peterc »

I have a Panasonic Lumix FZ200 camera which I am hoping I can connect to a digiscope (Olivon T64). I bought an adaptor for the scope but now I believe I also need a T2 mount for the camera. There are some T2 mounts or adaptors on the market but I am unsure which one. Any advice much appreciated.

ATB

Peter
MikeOxon

Re: T2 mount for Lumix FZ200

Post by MikeOxon »

You do not need a lens adapter for your FZ200. A T2 ring is for cameras with interchangeable lenses, where the camera body is mounted on the 'scope directly. I suggest that, first of all, you try simply holding the camera in front of the eyepiece and finding what settings to use, in order to get a good image on the camera screen. In bright light, you should be able to hand-hold the camera, providing the 'scope itself is on a tripod.

For longer exposures, you need a way of holding the camera in the correct position in front of the eyepiece, for which I use a clamp similar to that shown here on the Amazon site (click link) I didn't get mine from that source but it looks similar.

I have not used my FZ200 for digiscoping, since I find an iPhone or small compact is more convenient but it should work, as long as you keep to the shorter end of the zoom.

Mike
peterc

Re: T2 mount for Lumix FZ200

Post by peterc »

Thanks for your quick response and advice, Mike.

I realise now what I've done :? . I will try what you suggested. I do have an older Lumix camera (DMC G10) though which does have an interchangeable lens so I could buy a T2 ring for that. I'd prefer to be able to mount a camera directly onto the 'scope.

ATB

Peter

Return to “Photography”