For Sale, Wants and Exchanges

Discussion forum for butterfly photography. You can also get your photos reviewed here!
Ian Pratt

Re: For Sale, Wants and Exchanges

Post by Ian Pratt »

See below. Ian
Last edited by Ian Pratt on Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Pratt

Post by Ian Pratt »

I have a butterfly net for sale (Harris House Nets made in England) : 12 inch diameter, in perfect condition with 10 inch handle.
Offers invited.
All proceeds to Butterfly Conservation!
Ian
Jack Harrison

Post by Jack Harrison »

I have a butterfly net for sale
A brave advert Ian. But I too own a net (somewhere) but haven't used it for years. It was only ever used for quick i/d of Essex and Small Skippers. It is likely to remain unused here on Mull.

Jack
Rogerdodge

Post by Rogerdodge »

A brave advert Ian
Jack
I don't think it is that brave. I reckon most serious butterflyists have a net tucked away somewhere.
I have one that folds really small, and lives in the top lid of my camera bag.
I have used it just once (in the UK) this year, when a HBF/DGF candidate just would not settle and whizzed up and down a bracken slope. One swoop with the net, and it was (disappointingly) a DGF. It flew off after 5 seconds totally unharmed.
If it had been an HBF it would have been a new site for it - and just 1.5 miles from an established site, so I HAD to know.
I will not use the net on a nature reserve, and am very discreet when I do use it.
Having done a few trips into the various mountain ranges in Europe, I have quickly learnt that a net is virtually a necessity. Erebias and blues and pyrgus can be very troublesome - even when potted! (especially with my age ravaged and fast failing eyesight)
(Dons asbestos suit)
Cheers

Roger
Tony Moore

Moth trap for sale

Post by Tony Moore »

Don't know if a Butterfly Site is the place, but I have a Paul Batty Hawk moth trap with waterproof choke and a spare MV bulb for sale. The works have been set into a bigger catching box, which renders it much more stable in any sort of wind Not pretty, but very functional ( 330 macro species in my little urban garden half a mile from the center of Stafford in three years).
Buyer will have to collect from Stafford.

£60 - no offers.

Tony M.
Neil Hulme

Post by Neil Hulme »

For Sale

As many of you know, I (and plenty of other UKBers) use the Panasonic Lumix FZ bridge cameras - I still use the FZ38. Even the older models are still well worth picking up if you can find them. However, the accessories are becoming increasingly difficult to purchase. My nephew has long since moved on to a DSLR, as he does a lot of aircraft photography, so is selling the following items:

DMW-LA3 lens Adapter - fits FZ18, 28, 38 cameras
DMW-LC55 close up lens - fits FZ8, 18, 28, 38, 50, 150 cameras

New, this combination originally cost £67 - £70 from most stockists. I'm selling these, in perfect working order (just the white lettering on the adapter is wearing off) on his behalf for £30 plus p&p. Please PM me if you are interested.

BWs, Neil
Neil Hulme

Post by Neil Hulme »

For Sale

As many of you know, I (and plenty of other UKBers) use the Panasonic Lumix FZ bridge cameras - I still use the FZ38. Even the older models are still well worth picking up if you can find them. However, the accessories are becoming increasingly difficult to purchase. My nephew has long since moved on to a DSLR, as he does a lot of aircraft photography, so is selling the following items:

DMW-LA3 lens Adapter - fits FZ18, 28, 38 cameras
DMW-LC55 close up lens - fits FZ8, 18, 28, 38, 50, 150 cameras

New, this combination originally cost £67 - £70 from most stockists. I'm selling these, in perfect working order (just the white lettering on the adapter is wearing off) on his behalf for £30 plus p&p. Please PM me if you are interested.

BWs, Neil
Neil Hulme

Post by Neil Hulme »

Hi all,
Above items now sold and going to a good home!
BWs, Neil
Testudo Man

Post by Testudo Man »

Evening all.

Since there are several Panasonic FZ Bridge camera enthusiasts on this forum, I was just wondering if any of you good people would have an old Panasonic FZ50, that you do not use anymore? The FZ50 was a good camera in its day, and its a camera that I would like to put to good use, having never owned one myself. I would prefer an all black model, but if someone has the silver version, then I guess I might be able to live with it! :D Im not looking for any "basket cases", it must be in good working order please.
Im watching a couple of these cameras on "Fleabay", so there are a few of them still about.

Many thanks, cheers Paul.

PS. Its not the FZ150 Im looking for, but the FZ50...12x optical zoom, 10.1 megapixel.
Mark Colvin

Post by Mark Colvin »

For Sale

Canon EOS 7D (body only) in immaculate condition (with original box, software, cables and battery). Also Canon BG-E7 Battery Grip (boxed) to fit 7D. Two years old though with very little use. Camera upgrade forces sale.

£475 (ono) plus postage and packing.

Please pm me if you require further details.

Thanks. Mark
jonhd

Post by jonhd »

Out butterflying last week, and mislaid the lens cap. So, to save myself a fiver on ebay, I've decided to sell the whole shooting match*. What I'm offering:

1x Panasonic FZ-200 (black) + original packaging + manual + strap + lens hood + battery + charger + mains lead + CD (purchased 06/06/2013; shutter actuations 4,648 - approx. 98% butterflies!).
1x Kiwi LA-55FZ200 (metal) Conversion Lens Adaptor (cheaper version of Panasonic's DMW-LA7). (But, sadly, no Conversion Lens.)
1x Spare (third-party) Battery - it's a relatively 'decent' one (cost £29.99).
1x JJC TM Series Multifunction Timer/Remote.
1x cheap & nasty simple Remote.
1x Transcend 32GB HC Class 10 (45MB/s, 300x) SD card (bought 14/08/2014)
0x Lens Cap.

Price for the lot £220.00 + £5.00 p&p. (or collect, if you're in the South Hampshire area). Paypal is the preferred payment method.

Please PM me with any questions, if you're interested.

Cheers, Jon

* Note: this is NOT one of those "the ashtray's full, so I thought I'd swap it for this year's model" things :-) I'm selling it to help fund a CSC (that I can't really afford...).
Jack Harrison

Post by Jack Harrison »

0x Lens Cap.
Are you considering selling that separately? :P

Jack
jonhd

Post by jonhd »

Yours for a fiver, Jack. I'll send it via Virtual Mail (you may have to wait a while).

Jon
Jack Harrison

Post by Jack Harrison »

I would love to try a BACS transfer for £0.00 and then wait for the friendly HSBC chap in Chennai to phone me up with a query.

A survey from one of his fellow countrymen in Bangalore who was conducting a survey on TV viewing habits left me unable to resist.

“Do you watch television?”
“Yes.”

“Do you have Cable?”
“No.”

“Do you have Satellite?”
“No”.

“Do you have Freeview?”
“No.”

“Do you watch TV on your computer?”
“No.”

“Well how do you watch television Mr.Harrison?”
“I go outside to watch.”

“I am not understanding.”
“I go outside and watch television through the neighbour’s window.”

“Oh you are making me laugh Mr. Harrison. Thank you.”

Jack
David M

Post by David M »

LOL!

Jack, you'd have my vote if you ever stood in my constituency!
Testudo Man

Post by Testudo Man »

Testudo Man wrote:Evening all.

Since there are several Panasonic FZ Bridge camera enthusiasts on this forum, I was just wondering if any of you good people would have an old Panasonic FZ50, that you do not use anymore? The FZ50 was a good camera in its day, and its a camera that I would like to put to good use, having never owned one myself. I would prefer an all black model, but if someone has the silver version, then I guess I might be able to live with it! :D Im not looking for any "basket cases", it must be in good working order please.
Im watching a couple of these cameras on "Fleabay", so there are a few of them still about.

Many thanks, cheers Paul.

PS. Its not the FZ150 Im looking for, but the FZ50...12x optical zoom, 10.1 megapixel.
No longer required thanks :wink: ...Ive just bought a mint example of a Panny FZ50, right on my doorstep, for a rather keen price of just £20.00!!! The guy was even passing my way that evening, and kindly delivered it all boxed up. What an absolute bargain, it even has the original bill of sale(over £350) from way back in 2008. I bet Ive shot more images with it in the last couple of weeks, than he did for years!
The bargain of the century.

A couple of reasons why i wanted this legend of a camera...It has a slightly larger sensor than most bridge cameras of today, it being 1/1.8".
It is capable of f/11, most modern bridge cameras max out at f/8. It has a fixed length lens(zooms internally, by hand) modern bridge camera lenses when zoomed, extend in length, which can be off putting to your subjects, when you are really close to them!
The only FZ50 downside, is the tiny 2" screen, thats a pain, and it is a bit slow to focus at times.

Looks like i will have to wait until next butterfly season, to field test the FZ50, but other subjects so far work very well indeed.

A couple of example shots, all uncropped, and with the Raynox 250 macro lens attached.

A Juvenile Common Lizard.
20th-September-2015-to-600e.jpg

A Common Darter Dragonfly, which landed on my hand!
19th-September-2015-to-600a.jpg

An Ivy Bee, which landed on the netting of my sons trampoline.
15th-September-2015-to-600z.jpg
m_galathea

Post by m_galathea »

Dear all, I have two books for sale as I now have other copies of them. Thanks, Alex Henderson.

Butterflies by E.B. Ford
Facsimile of the first Collins New Naturalist book, published in 1945. This copy was printed in 2008 but is a faithful reproduction of the 1st edition. The dust jacket is in almost fine condition with just a little dirt and minor marks to the rear panel and edges, now protected in a removable cover.
The green cloth of the book is fine with bright gilt to the spine. The text block (368 pages) shows very minor marks and is solid with no lean nor smell.
£15 + £3 second class postage including a £5 donation to Butterfly Conservation.
When published it included almost everything known about butterflies and is still very relevant to readers today. This copy will appeal to someone who would like one in very good condition but at a reasonable price. If you just want a copy to read then you can pick one up for a couple of pounds elsewhere.
The chapters are as follows:
1. The History of British Butterfly Collecting
2. The Structure and Development of Butterflies
3. The Senses and Colours of Butterflies
4. The Principles of Classification
5. Habits and Protective Devices
6. Relations with Other Insects
7. Distribution
8. Dispersal
9. Theoretical Genetics
10. Practical Genetics and Breeding
11. Genetic Interactions
12. Evolution
13. The Races and Sub-species of British Butterflies
14. The Origin of the British Butterfly Fauna.

Pollination of Flowers by Proctor and Yeo
Collins New Naturalist number 54, first edition, 1973, ex-library.
This in-depth book covers the many ways that flowering plants have evolved to ensure pollination, sometimes in parallel with their insect visitors. Lepidoptera are covered but are naturally not the main focus of the book.
The dust jacket is very smart without fading to the spine, although it does have some minor creasing and rubbing and is now protected in a removable cover. The green buckram cloth of the book is a little faded and marked. There are a few fairly inoffensive library marks inside the book with some minor damage to the front end paper where a library paper has been removed (see photo). Overall it is in very good condition without smell.
£15 + £3 second class postage including a £5 donation to Butterfly Conservation. If you buy both books I will post both free of charge.
Chapters:
1. Historical Introduction
2. The Flower in the Life of the Plant
3. Insect Pollinated Flowers I
4. The Insect Visitors I
5. The Insect Visitors II
6. Insect Pollinated Flowers II
7. The British Wild Orchids
8. Pollination by Wind and Water
9. Self-pollination and Apomixis
10. Pollination of Some Exotic Plants
11. Pollination in Plant Breeding and Commerce
12. The Evolution and Ecology of Pollination

Butterflies:
B1.jpg
B2.jpg
B3.jpg
B4.jpg
B5.jpg
Pollination:
P1.jpg
P2.jpg
P3.jpg
P4.jpg
P5.jpg
P6.jpg
P7.jpg
P8.jpg
Jack Harrison

Post by Jack Harrison »

Send PM and I will arrange to buy Ford.

Jack
Butterflysaurus rex

Post by Butterflysaurus rex »

FOR SALE:

After much deliberation I have reluctantly decided to sell my Canon EF100mm f/2.8L MACRO IS USM lens. Before I put it on eBay I want to give my fellow butterflyers first chance. If there's no interest here after a week it's off to the bay I go...

It comes in it's original box with manual, protective bag, Lens cap and hood. and as an added bonus I'm including a HOYA pro 67mm UV filter.

The Lens is in immaculate condition and was used for about three summers, no internal dust or external scratches to be seen anywhere. This is Canon's flagship Macro lens so it's build quality is exemplary.

Please PM me if interested.
James

UPDATE I have decided to put the lens on eBay sooner than anticipated as I have a very busy Easter week ahead. If anyone is interested please let me know ASAP.

Thanks
Last edited by Butterflysaurus rex on Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Butterflysaurus rex

Post by Butterflysaurus rex »

After much deliberation I have reluctantly decided to sell my Canon EF100mm f/2.8L MACRO IS USM lens. Before I put it on eBay I want to give my fellow butterflyers first chance. If there's no interest here after a week it's off to the bay I go...

FINAL UPDATE This listing has ended. Thanks for looking.

James

Apologies for the double post.

Return to “Photography”