Vagrant – Favourite Photo of 2017

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Week 20 –So here we are the final week and the opportunity to add in the ‘Irregular Vagrants, I know that Painted Lady, Clouded Yellow and even Red Admirals are all ‘vagrants’ but they are ‘regulars’. This post is for those that turn up now and again or in ones and twos so it’s for the QoS or the LTBs etc…

As like last year details of locations, dates, times and circumstances would be welcome as would any accompanying stories and anecdotes or other observations of behaviour and interesting other points.

Have a goodun

Wurzel
bugboy

Re: Vagrant – Favourite Photo of 2017

Post by bugboy »

Well I going have a stab and suggest this thread may have a fair few QoS images soon, so here's a couple of my favourites from a memorable few hours in a field in the middle of nowhere :D
Queen of Spain Fritillary male, Piddinghoe #58.JPG
Queen of Spain Fritillary male, Piddinghoe #84.JPG
Some addictions are good for the soul!
David M

Post by David M »

Memorable indeed, Bugboy! If I remember rightly, quite a few folks on here got a serving of this delightful migrant. Certainly made up for the comparative lack of other vagrants in 2017.
millerd

Post by millerd »

It was indeed a most memorable day, especially as I thought I might have missed out by driving close by a few days earlier oblivious to their presence.

I managed to see two individuals in that Sussex field on 1st September. I managed a shot or two of some in-flight interraction, which was very entertaining and probably sticks most in the memory.
QOSx2 1 010917.JPG
Here are the two butterflies, plus an underside of one of them - unmistakeable!
QOS12 010917.JPG
QOS11 010917.JPG
QOS10 010917.JPG
Dave
David M

Post by David M »

Love that first shot, Dave. There can't be many (if any) who can trump that in the UK?
John W

Post by John W »

I made the pilgrimage to that field as well (not too far in my case as I live in Brighton).
qos - 1.jpg
qos - 4.jpg
Quite possibly a once in a lifetime sighting!

Cheers
John W

Return to “General”