Winter social 2017

Discussion forum for field trips and any other events.
Pete Eeles
Administrator & Stock Contributor
Administrator & Stock Contributor

Re: Winter social 2017

Post by Pete Eeles »

Great to see everyone at today's social ... I suspect that some of you are still there as I type this :)

Unfortunately, a couple of members had already left by the time I took this - but thanks to everyone for coming along!

From left to right - Essexbuzzard +1 (sorry, terrible with names!), Philzoid, Paul Harfield, Wurzel, Millerd, Bugboy, Susie.
IMG_5625.JPG
Cheers,

- Pete
Life Cycles of British & Irish Butterflies: http://www.butterflylifecycles.com
British & Irish Butterflies Rarities: http://www.butterflyrarities.com
essexbuzzard

Post by essexbuzzard »

It's Esther. Call her Kentish buzzard! We look a right bunch of toe rags- apart from Susie of course :lol: Great to see everyone today :D .
John W

Post by John W »

I very much enjoyed meeting everyone (Millerd, Philzoid, Bugboy, Iona, Pete, Essexbuzzard and Esther, Wurzel and Paul) at the Winter social yesterday. It's a shame I had to leave early, especially as I missed Susie!
millerd

Post by millerd »

Yes, a most enjoyable afternoon. Great to see all of you again! :D

Dave
bugboy

Post by bugboy »

That really does look like a dodgy bunch!
Some addictions are good for the soul!
Susie

Post by Susie »

It was lovely to see you splendid people. I'm glad some of you remember me :lol:

Thank you all for your company, thank you to Buggy for organising it and for my lovely calendar for services rendered :shock: :lol: , thank you to Pete for running this website, thank you to the people who bought me drinks!.

I hope to see much more of you all next year. Happy butterflying.
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

It was a splendid afternoon with splendid company, I'm already looking forward to the next one :D
A massive thank you to all involved in the organisation and to all who attended :D

Have a goodun

Wurzel
Philzoid

Post by Philzoid »

Had a thoroughly great time, the conversation and the beer flowed, (the latter literally in my case) :oops: ... wonder who'll get the dubious honour of spilling their drink next year :? :lol:

Hopefully some of our best laid plans for next year will come to fruition. If they do or if they don't there's always next year's social to talk all about it :D

Phil
Paul Harfield

Post by Paul Harfield »

Yes, a very enjoyable afternoon as always :D . I think I managed to speak to everybody, but unfortunately I did not manage to avoid the group photo this year :roll: .
As others have said, thanks to Bugboy for taking on the organisation this year and to Pete for UKB.
A special thanks to Philzoid for not having his beer aimed at me when it went rogue :lol:. I hope Wurzel managed to dry out before he got home.
Philzoid

Post by Philzoid »

Paul Harfield wrote:A special thanks to Philzoid for not having his beer aimed at me when it went rogue . I hope Wurzel managed to dry out before he got home.

I'm still annoyed with myself for having wasted a perfectly good pint :roll: Still, at least it gave Wurzel the perfect excuse when he got home smelling of beer :wink:
bugboy

Post by bugboy »

Philzoid wrote:
Paul Harfield wrote:A special thanks to Philzoid for not having his beer aimed at me when it went rogue . I hope Wurzel managed to dry out before he got home.

I'm still annoyed with myself for having wasted a perfectly good pint :roll: Still, at least it gave Wurzel the perfect excuse when he got home smelling of beer :wink:
I must have inadvertently started a tradition last year :oops:, at least you waited until the end though, I threw my first drink all over the table last year!
Some addictions are good for the soul!
Catriona

Post by Catriona »

Thank you for welcoming me into your little circle. I had no idea who to look for so felt like a spy trying to look inconspicuous whilst studying folk!
Iona

Return to “Field Trips and Events”