Trevor

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
Andrew555

Re: Trevor

Post by Andrew555 »

A big thanks to you Trevor for showing me the ropes at High and Over last w/e, and also for pointing out this website.
And great job on all the sightings you have been getting.
Hope to see you out there again.

Cheers

Andrew

Diary entries for 2017 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
trevor

Post by trevor »

My pleasure Andrew. I'm pleased you got to see the Wall Browns.
Sussex is one of the best counties for late Butterflies, several sites are still performing well.
Hope you will join UKB, the more the merrier.

Best wishes,
Trevor.

Diary entries for 2017 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Fantastic shots of the Helice Trevor, I saw one at Temple Ewell on my visit to Kent, (my first ever) I was so pleased to get a shot ,then you go and get three :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Goldie :D

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Some lovely Blues Trevor :D Unfortunately I haven't been able to cash in the Brownie points this weekend but with a break looming I might be suggest a walk along the coast...which would just happen to be at Southbourne where there is a wintering population of Cloudies :wink:

Have a goodun

Wurzel

David M

Post by David M »

Mating Clouded Yellows plus a helice!!

What are you going to hit us with next, Trevor? :mrgreen:

essexbuzzard

Post by essexbuzzard »

Agreed. Sensational stuff! If fact so good, I went there myself on Sunday for a slice of the Clouded Yellow action! :D

bugboy

Post by bugboy »

If the weather holds (and the weekend is, as I type, looking good) I may well pay your spot another visit!

Some addictions are good for the soul!
trevor

Post by trevor »

Many thanks everyone.
I'm a little stuck for time, as I have a birthday celebration to go to at the Solstice park.
Three Wiltshire Butterflies for you, all from St Peters church grounds, Great Cheverell.
Attachments
What a beauty .
What a beauty .
P1130452.JPG
P1130453.JPG

millerd

Post by millerd »

A splendid Peacock, Trevor. :) Another second brood one do you think?

Dave

trevor

Post by trevor »

Two more Butterflies from Wiltshire, both taken on 11th Oct.
The Red Admiral was so fresh that forewings have an almost purple sheen.

On the way back to East Sussex today I called in at Shoreham harbour, did I find any Cloudies ?.
Attachments
P1130465.JPG
P1130458.JPG

Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Hi! Trevor, that's a lovely looking peacock and Admiral, Goldie :D

trevor

Post by trevor »

As my route from Wiltshire to home came within a couple of miles of Shoreham harbour,
I thought it would be rude not to pop in.
I am glad I did !. The first find was a Peacock, nectaring on Ragwort, then the first of about
six Clouded Yellow was seen. One of these was a helice and by comparing images this particular specimen
was photographed by myself last Friday, Oct 6th, and by Mark ( Essex buzzard ) on Sunday 8th.
The last CL found just before heading for home was a very bright lemon yellow, and almost brand new.

Two very fresh male Common Blues were also present, along with several worn examples.

Trevor.
Attachments
First seen on Oct. 6th.
First seen on Oct. 6th.
A particularly bright yellow specimen.
A particularly bright yellow specimen.
P1130488.JPG
P1130509.JPG
P1130469.JPG
P1130505.JPG
P1130498.JPG

millerd

Post by millerd »

Glad to see Shoreham is still producing, Trevor. Nice Cloudies! :) The two days I might have got down there were resolutely cloudy in the other sense, but maybe next Monday?

Dave

Neil Freeman

Post by Neil Freeman »

A great selection of butterflies in your recent posts Trevor :mrgreen: :D

It is at this time of year that I always feel a little jealous of the extended season that can be enjoyed down south, apart from a few Speckled Woods and Red Admirals things have just about wound down for the year around my local patch.

Cheers,

Neil.

David M

Post by David M »

Well done with your Cloudies again, Trevor, particularly the helice. With warm, southerly winds blowing this weekend there may be a few more before November casts its evil shroud.

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

As I've never seen a Helice it's definitely worth a few of these bad boys :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D Good to seethe butterflies still out and about in Wiltshire, I've seen a few fluttering over the roads but never when I've been stopped, still maybe this weekend... :wink:

Have a goodun

Wurzel

trevor

Post by trevor »

Many thanks everyone for your comments, lets hope we can squeeze a little more out of the season.

This morning I left home for High and Over in sunshine, but arrived under cloud, with a southerly breeze.
A couple of sparring Wall Browns, seen near the steps, were blown over the hillside by the wind
and were not seen again.
After finding nothing else for about 30 mins., a casual glance located a very fresh Clouded Yellow
sheltering from the cool breeze, my first one from this site.

It was a morning of quality not quantity.
Trevor.
Attachments
P1130575.JPG
P1130561.JPG

millerd

Post by millerd »

That's a lovely pose on the rosehip, Trevor. :) There must still be home-grown Cloudies emerging along the south coast - I imagine that given a bit of sunshine and no frost, this will continue to some extent.

Dave

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

That first shot is a real cracker Trevor, so sharp :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Still no Cloudy for me and today I made the mistake of believing the weather report...not doing that again in a hurry :(

Have a goodun

Wurzel

Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

That's a great shot Trevor, you've had some really good ones lately :D Goldie :D

Return to “Personal Diaries”