Pete Eeles

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
David M

Re: Pete Eeles

Postby David M » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:20 pm

Pete Eeles wrote: I want to "do this properly" and there are several gaps to close that will take a season (or two) to sort out.

You seem to have covered so much in the last two or three years, Pete. Which are the species you haven't yet covered satisfactorily?

Pete Eeles
Administrator & Stock Contributor

Postby Pete Eeles » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:59 pm

David M wrote:
Pete Eeles wrote: I want to "do this properly" and there are several gaps to close that will take a season (or two) to sort out.

You seem to have covered so much in the last two or three years, Pete. Which are the species you haven't yet covered satisfactorily?

Cryptic Wood White, Heath Fritillary, Mountain Ringlet, Painted Lady (!), Pearl-bordered Fritillary and Wood White.

Most of these are "simply" planning and effort. However, Mountain Ringlet and Painted Lady will, I think, be the most problematic since they're unpredictable. I know from personal experience just how challenging the former is, and the latter depends on the 2018 migration year. Also, this isn't just about sourcing images - it's about personal observations and photos that we often forget to take (at least I do!) of nectar sources, larval food plants and habitat.

Cheers,

- Pete

bugboy

Postby bugboy » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:06 pm

Pete Eeles wrote:
David M wrote:

Cryptic Wood White, Heath Fritillary, Mountain Ringlet, Painted Lady (!), Pearl-bordered Fritillary and Wood White....

- Pete

Alphabetical order, that's what I like to see, a man with a plan! :wink:
Some addictions are good for the soul!

Pete Eeles

Postby Pete Eeles » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:07 pm

bugboy wrote:Alphabetical order, that's what I like to see, a man with a plan! :wink:

:lol: And spreadsheets galore :)

Cheers,

- Pete

David M

Postby David M » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:30 pm

Pete Eeles wrote:Cryptic Wood White, Heath Fritillary, Mountain Ringlet, Painted Lady (!), Pearl-bordered Fritillary and Wood White.

Thanks, Pete. I was surprised to see Painted Lady in your list but upon reflection can see why. I guess you're right about Mountain Ringlet being the trickiest to document though. Good luck with that one!

Butterflysaurus rex

Postby Butterflysaurus rex » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:35 pm

I would love to see these amazing early stages published in a reference book Pete. Your photography is first class and gives such a fascinating insight into the life cycle of our resident butterflies. If it ever happens I'll be one of the first in line to purchase a copy. It's wonderful to see this here but I've always loved leafing through beautifully illustrated reference books.

Katrina

Postby Katrina » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:35 pm

The Red Admiral pupa photo is beautiful, I must look out for those in the future!

Return to “Personal Diaries”