Tremendous weather forecast!

Discussion forum for discussing the weather, both now and predicted!
David M

Tremendous weather forecast!

Post by David M »

Just seen the weather for the week ahead on Countryfile, and it look as though this miserable spell of constant Atlantic fronts is finally going to come to an abrupt end.

The magic words were uttered "from Thursday, a blocking Azores high will settle over the UK introducing fine and warm weather throughout the country, and it looks like it may stay for some time".

By Friday, temperatures will be routinely 25 or 26C in the south and even in the central lowlands of Scotland they are forecast to reach 23C.

Let's hope they're right!
IAC

Re: Tremendous weather forecast!

Post by IAC »

OH PLEEEEEESE let that be true....!! :o
Lee Hurrell
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Lee Hurrell »

It's true....I've just watched it! (recorded it this morning).

Lee
To butterfly meadows, chalk downlands and leafy glades; to summers eternal.
Pawpawsaurus

Post by Pawpawsaurus »

For us in the SE, the weekly forecasts on both Country Tracks and Countryfile predicted that only Monday holds the hope of any rain. We've had the odd shower over the last few days, but the amount of water that's been absorbed into the ground must be minuscule.

I wouldn't like to be a wild plant just now, nor anything which closely depends on them. :(

Paul
JohnR

Post by JohnR »

IAC wrote:OH PLEEEEEESE let that be true....!! :o
Oh Pleeeeese let in not be true, here in the SW corner of Surrey we've only had 9mm of rain in the last two months.
Susie

Post by Susie »

I was in west London today and at lunchtime we had to dodge the showers but I thought it would be good for the garden. Got home and we hadn't had a drop of rain as usual so had to get the hose out.
Lee Hurrell
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Lee Hurrell »

ooh...whereabouts in west London?
Susie

Post by Susie »

We went to Southall to get shoes for my daughter's school prom and to visit my dad in greenford. Some of the showers at lunchtime were really heavy!
Lee Hurrell
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Lee Hurrell »

Really not far from me then!

I didn't need to water my garden last night...
Willrow

Post by Willrow »

What a difference, here in South Wales we've experienced some persistent heavy showers for the last four days and the BBC (Wales) long range forecast for the rest of June is not at all promising :shock:

Can we do a swap with you guys in the drought hit areas of the south-east...just a little balance would help :wink: Still we can't do now't about the weather and if we could we would probably b***** it up :lol:

Bill :D
Why not visit my website at http://www.dragonfly-days.co.uk
Susie

Post by Susie »

Sorry, weather's not been great here either. Lots of scattered showers and blustery conditions foreecast. I came out of work into a monsoon this evening.
Butterfly Gardener

Post by Butterfly Gardener »

We didn't have hot weather in cheshire during May. It seemed more autumnul to me.
David M

Post by David M »

Butterfly Gardener wrote:We didn't have hot weather in cheshire during May. It seemed more autumnul to me.
Wasn't much in Wales either. In fact, since the warm spell around Easter, the only truly hot days have been last Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Three days in a whole calendar month.

Makes you want to emigrate.
Willrow

Post by Willrow »

David M wrote:
Butterfly Gardener wrote:We didn't have hot weather in cheshire during May. It seemed more autumnul to me.
Wasn't much in Wales either. In fact, since the warm spell around Easter, the only truly hot days have been last Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Three days in a whole calendar month.

Makes you want to emigrate.
That's exactly what I said to my wife yesterday morning, after yet another soaking...I'm emigrating, rant, moan, bloody British weather etc, etc. I had to use my umbrella on a search for Bird-nest Orchids in a Beech Woods yesterday :shock: Do I like sunshine, warm, melt me slowly sunshine :lol:

David M

Post by David M »

Willrow wrote:
That's exactly what I said to my wife yesterday morning, after yet another soaking...I'm emigrating, rant, moan, bloody British weather etc, etc. I had to use my umbrella on a search for Bird-nest Orchids in a Beech Woods yesterday :shock: Do I like sunshine, warm, melt me slowly sunshine :lol:

It's getting ridiculous now, made worse by reports of drought conditions in the Rhondda Valley (on BBC 24 tonight!!!)

What's worse, it looks like it's going to be wet everywhere till next Tuesday at least, and even where it's dry temperatures are unlikely to exceed mid sixties.

It's most frustrating, to the point where I'm going to go out on Saturday regardless of the temperatures.
Willrow

Post by Willrow »

David M wrote:
Willrow wrote:

It's getting ridiculous now, made worse by reports of drought conditions in the Rhondda Valley (on BBC 24 tonight!!!)

What's worse, it looks like it's going to be wet everywhere till next Tuesday at least, and even where it's dry temperatures are unlikely to exceed mid sixties.

It's most frustrating, to the point where I'm going to go out on Saturday regardless of the temperatures.
Drought in the Rhondda Valley :shock: Remember the intrepid butterflyers motto David...'if in doubt go'...and if you do go, have a great day!

Susie

Post by Susie »

It's grey, cool and showery and looking to stay this way for a while here. Not sure how this will affect the pe emergence. At least everything seems to be greening up and growing again.

When I grow up I'm emigrating, at least for six months of every year. British winters are awful and summers arent much better a lot of the time.
Michaeljf

Post by Michaeljf »

Susie wrote:When I grow up I'm emigrating, at least for six months of every year. British winters are awful and summers arent much better a lot of the time.
Susie,
you sound a bit blue and looking at your latest profile picture, it seems the weather has had an adverse effect on you :shock: . I hope things get better soon :wink:
Michael
Padfield
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Padfield »

But who is the avatar? It looks a lot like Händel, who actually emigrated to England!

Susie, it's cold over here too at the moment...

Guy
Guy's Butterflies: https://www.guypadfield.com
The Butterflies of Villars-Gryon : https://www.guypadfield.com/villarsgryonbook.html
Susie

Post by Susie »

I'm fine, I was just sooo cold at lunchtime and it was chucking down with rain. Now it's warmed up a bit and the sun's out so I'm a bit happier. Plus it's the weekend :D I'm a bit like a butterfly in that I am happiest when it is warm, sunny and little or no breeze.

My avatar is a portrait of one of my ancestors.
Edit: Guess what, it's raining again.
Last edited by Susie on Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Weather”