New member living in Turkey

Let us know what you think of the UK Butterflies website, and tell us something about yourself!
bobcesme

New member living in Turkey

Post by bobcesme »

Hi Everyone,
I am from Leeds now living in South Western Turkey.
I am a complete novice , but find Butterflies a fascinating subject and recently attempting to photograph them on a daily basis,not very successfully sometimes.
I look forward to reading the interesting threads especially on butterfly identification here on your forum.
Bobcesme
Charles Nicol

Re: New member living in Turkey

Post by Charles Nicol »

hi bobcesme.

welcome to the forum !

we would love to see any of your pics. most of us are not experts but enjoy looking at butterflies.

good luck

Charles

:)
Mark Tutton

Re: New member living in Turkey

Post by Mark Tutton »

Welcome aboard
I happen to be on holiday at present in Kalkan in SW Turkey and will post a report about my visit in the coming days, you are lucky to live in a very beautiful part of the world - if very hot at this time of the year - with very many more species of butterfly than the uk. The guys on this site are a complete whizz when it comes to helping with identification of some of the trickier species - skippers and blues for instance - so I know they will relish looking at some of your photos.
Look forward to your future postings - and in particular any useful pointers to good sites in this part of the world as I for one will be coming back again in the future.
Kind Regards
Mark
The wonder of the world, the beauty and the power, the shapes of things, their colours lights and shades, these I saw. Look ye also while life lasts.

Return to “Guestbook”