Supermarket Butterfles

Discussion forum for any relevant news not covered in one of the other forums.
Jack Harrison

Supermarket Butterfles

Post by Jack Harrison »

The limits are your imagination. Live or logos, etc on carrier bags: toilet rolls.

My [boring] starter for ten: live Red Admiral in Nairn Sainsbury's car park.

I hope we will be able to produce a ranking list of Supermarkets once we have enough contributions.

Jack
David M

Re: Supermarket Butterfles

Post by David M »

Are you looking for live butterflies in supermarket situations or does, for example, an image of a product with a picture of a butterfly count?
Jack Harrison

Post by Jack Harrison »

David. I had said:
The limits are your imagination. Live or logos, etc on carrier bags: toilet rolls.
That I think answers your query.

Jack
Last edited by Jack Harrison on Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
jenks

Post by jenks »

I can only repeat my message of 8 July..
" I had an amazing sighting last Sunday, 2 July. I popped into my local Tesco near Pontypridd just before they closed at 4 pm. When I got back to the car I found a White letter Hairstreak sitting on the windscreen ! I looked around the edge of the car park but couldn`t see any Elms. There were a line of Elms alongside the River Taff, less than 500 yards away as the butterfly flies but these are now almost completely dead. I suppose this was an individual looking for a nectar source. Sunday was very hot so the windscreen provided some heat but sadly no nectar ! I gently removed it and it flew off. I hope a colony remains in existence somewhere locally."
I`ve been back since but no repeat of this incident and no WLH on the trees bordering the car park. Just a lot of very strange looks from passing people and one enquiry "what`s the matter, mate, have you lost your budgie ?" What are the chances of a passing Queen of Spain landing on my car ? (Purely rhetorical; I know the answer to that one ).

Jenks.
Jack Harrison

Post by Jack Harrison »

Thanks Jenks. I hadn't remembered that report when I suggested a new thread prompted by a Sainsbury's Red Admiral. So really it was YOU who started the thread on 2nd July.

Jack
jenks

Post by jenks »

No problems Jack. I did wonder whether you were thinking of current and forthcoming supermarket sightings. I obviously fall under The Who`s mantra. " ....... I`m just backdated ".

Jenks.

( "Substitute" for those who are too young to know the song ).

Return to “News”