Unusual fungi.

Discussion forum for anything that doesn't fit elsewhere!
Allan.W.

Unusual fungi.

Post by Allan.W. »

I wonder if anyone has any idea what this unusual Fungi could be ? I found loads of clumps of it in our local forest a day or two back , they seemed to start out a yellowish colour ,turning to white after a while ,they were found mainly clinging to Scabious stems.
Any ideas ?? Regards Allan.W.
P1200254.JPG
P1200261.JPG
bugboy

Re: Unusual fungi.

Post by bugboy »

Might be the delightfully named 'Dog Vomit Slime Mould' :?
Some addictions are good for the soul!
Allan.W.

Post by Allan.W. »

Thanks for that Bugboy ,what a very delightful name !! the latin names not a lot better "Fuligo Septica" but looking at pictures on the internet ,I reckon you,re spot on ! Many thanks for that .................. Dogs vomit slime mould......nice !
Regards Allan.W.
Allan.W.

Re:Another Unusual fungi.

Post by Allan.W. »

At the end of March ,I had an early morning trip out, to a site near home ,hoping for some roosting Green -Veins,which I managed to find a couple and a plant (Toothwort ) ,whilst out I came across this very unusual orange fungus, I found 3 clumps in all. a curious thing though ,I returned exactly a week later ,and no sign of any of it,completely vanished ! Anyone have any ideas ?
Regards Allan.W.
P1080877.JPG
Padfield
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Padfield »

I think that is Melastiza cornubiensis. It's not one I regularly take home for eating ...

Guy
Guy's Butterflies: https://www.guypadfield.com
The Butterflies of Villars-Gryon : https://www.guypadfield.com/villarsgryonbook.html
Allan.W.

Post by Allan.W. »

Thanks for that ID; Guy ,much appreciated,must admit ,don,t think I,d want to eat it either ! but something must have taken a fancy to it ,as I,ve said a week later they,d all disappeared .....most odd . Thanks again ! Regards Allan.W.

Return to “General”