ID for Small Copper ab Goldie

Discussion forum for getting a butterfly identified.
Goldie M

ID for Small Copper ab Goldie

Post by Goldie M »

I seem to have misplaced the name of this ab, I think it started with f Goldie :D
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_8777.jpeg
Goldie M

Re: ID for Small Copper ab Goldie

Post by Goldie M »

I found the name for my ab, I'd down loaded the Butterfly onto a flash than got mixed up with others, all sorted now :oops:
ab fuscata is what i found, Goldie :D
Allan.W.

Post by Allan.W. »

Hello Goldie,
Just seen your post,if you look on page 85 of your diary,your ABS there ! A lovely insect,we see them fairly regularly at Dungeness similar to your one and "Hoggers " calls them "Dusky" Coppers ,which I think is quite apt ,somewhere in his diary he shows the wings of a standard Copper ,with those of a "dusky" individual, that said your individual is fairly bright ! theres so much variation in the Coppers and many named (and even more in-named !)
Abberations ,I,d say it was difficult to pin point it exactly but for me Fuscata (or Fuscae ) looks closest.
Regards Allan.W.
David M

Post by David M »

Stunning insect, Goldie, and definitely one to consider as an ab.
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Hi! Allan, Thanks for that, I never thought to look into my posts :D having done so since, I see you were the one to give the ab a name :D Any way at least I found it :D
I always look at Hogger's post but I must have missed that one when he posted, he's certainly well named it like you've said, let's hope we see a lot more ab's this year :D

Hi! David, Thanks , the ab was a very lucky find :lol: My Grandsons have changed fields to play Cricket on this year so may be I won't be has lucky, you never know though, that's what I like best, what ever we're going to see next :D Goldie :D

Return to “Identification”