Wall - Favourite Photo of 2011

legless2007

Wall - Favourite Photo of 2011

Post by legless2007 »

A thread in which to post your favourite photo(s) of 2011 of Wall.

Part of a series inspred by ChrisC's thread about 'Favourite Photos' and hopefully growing throughout the winter until all 58 British species have been covered.

Details of places, dates, times and circumstances also appreciated. Feel free to contribute observations of behaviour, personal encounters, anecdotes, anything really...
legless2007

Re: Wall - favourite photo of 2011

Post by legless2007 »

It's not great, but its a Wall and there isn't another photo here yet

140511-05 by legless2007, on Flickr

14th May 2011 at Compton Farm, Compton Bay, Isle of Wight. My first ever Wall and my only one so far

Jo
dilettante

Post by dilettante »

Nice, but can we leave Vince to create the 'favourite photo' topics, please? He's doing them in a phased way, three species per week.
Now you know why :-)
legless2007

Post by legless2007 »

dilettante wrote:Nice, but can we leave Vince to create the 'favourite photo' topics, please? He's doing them in a phased way, three species per week.
Now you know why :-)
sorry do you want me to delete then?
Vince Massimo
Administrator & Stock Contributor

Post by Vince Massimo »

No worries Jo :) . You're not the first person to have jumped the gun. We are opening the Wall thread next week, so do not want any more photos to be added until then.

Vince
Vince Massimo

Re: Wall - Favourite Photo of 2011

Post by Vince Massimo »

This thread is now officially open :D . We are now nearing the end of the series and there will only be two species covered this week, with the remaining two saved until next week.

Vince
marmari

Post by marmari »

I remeber this photo very well as it was taken on Bonchurch Down,Ventnor Isle of Wight on the 9th August 2011.it was not a very nice day with a gusty wind and rather cloudy.I went looking for Adonis Blues and was not disappointed as the ABs seemed to settle at the base of the Down among the longer grass.
This female Wall was flitting around looking for sites to lay it seems.investigating little hollows on the sides of the Down.I am glad to say she was not the only Wall to be doing that at this time as I spied several.
johnv

Post by johnv »

My annual trip to the I of W to see the Glanville and come across only 2 Wall all day. They were arguing over a small patch of grassless incline on the costal path between Shippards and Compton Chines.
Just managed to get this one shot before the dispute resumed.
Attachments
Isle of Wight - 19/05/2011
Isle of Wight - 19/05/2011
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

This was taken at Keyhaven on 30th August. Because of the butterflies I'd kinda missed out on the birds during 2011 so I made up for it on this day - Whitethroats, a family of Stonechat, Whitearses, Redstart, Linnets, Whinchat, Dartford Warbler, Yellow Wagtail, Greenshank, Little Stint, Dunlin, Turnstone, Curlew, Knot, Redshank, Curlew Sandpiper, Wimberal, Barwit and Blackwit all viewed at the one laggon/pond area. Also there was my first female Wall - it wouldn't let me get close so this was the only shot that I managed to get of it so I have to include it as my favourite...still better luck next year...or this year rather...
W.JPG
Have a goodun

Wurzel

Return to “Wall”